Which covenant would you go for?

Imagine signature and class abilities could be changed like talents.

Which covenant would you choose for your monk and why?

Fae Stomp.

Can’t really explain why explicitly. After questing a bit in the zone, playing with it in Torghast, and getting the vibe for what that covenant is about I want to incorporate that into my Monk if possible.

It fits well with the original lore and gaining wisdom through the august celestials.

I have to admit that the night fae ability looks amazing visually.

But the ability aside, i havent seen as much about the zone. What are some connections between the wisdom of the celestials and the zone?

yeah its going to be either night fae or the venthyr at this stage. the other 2 just look bad.

venthyr is the only good looking leather set from ANY of the covenants though. all other 3 look really bad.

Anything but night fae. Lining that tree up and running collecting orbs of chi and energy looks like it will be fun as heck for a couple weeks, then the most annoying thing ever there after.

/quietly points at the vampire tea party

One of the main functions of the covenant (and part of what you’ll be doing) is restoring the souls of celestial spirits. The night fae are similar to the kyrian except they take responsibility for all the beings attuned too (or those wiling to defend) the elements and nature (essentially all of Freya’s creations) and guide them through life, death, and rebirth.

That is essentially what Freya left the August Celestials to do in Pandaria and over time they helped life flourish in Pandaria through their guidance before officially training the Pandaran and passing down their teachings as more than philosophy after the revolt against the Mogu.

The celestials would build temples to train monks in their respective styles after the Pandaren revolution. Niuzao emphasized fortitude in his teachings, the strength to endure any hardship. Xuen taught strength and how physical prowess was not the same as true inner strength. Chi-Ji espoused the importance of hope, even in the darkest of times. Yu’lon spoke of the wisdom of knowing when, and when not, to act.

Outside of that, there is not much lore for the Night Fae yet. We only know that they helped Cenarius recover, it’s considered the dark mirror of the emerald dream (not sure what that means yet), and not all druids would be considered fit to join the ranks of the Night Fae.

Thank you, very informative.