Which covenant if just starting out now?

So I am just starting on leveling some alts.
My main is Night Fae druid and I really enjoyed it

however I am curious since I dont raid, or care about player power. Which covenant would you choose for sheer convenience?
I can fly now so the door of shadows doesn’t really matter.
Which sanctum has the best layout?
Which was most fun and why?
Which soulbind conduit did you like best?

If you had to choose all over again would you stick with your choice or did you switch?

For this at least I’ll say Kyrian.

Mostly just because it’s the only sanctum that (mostly) allows you to fly.

2 Likes

If performance doesn’t matter and mobility isn’t an issue, I’d just go with whichever class ability you like best. Or whichever covenant armor you want to unlock.

1 Like

well I bought the brokers marks for each covenant so I have them all at 60 now for all armor types
I just wanted to know which covenant game people liked or what layout they liked

I typically pick whatever I think is most thematically appropriate. My DK and lock are Necro, my pally and priest are Kyrian, etc…

The only exception is I avoid covenants with class abilities I don’t like using. For instance, I think NF is most thematically appropriate for shaman, but I’m not a fan of the NF shaman ability, so I went Venthyr. Chain Harvest, when beefed up with conduits + leggo, is very satisfying to press.

Night Fae is just the best overall covenant and always has been. In my opinion.

2 Likes

Night Fae, because you have healers as troops on your Mission tables.

1 Like

I have tried all 4 covenants for how they synergize with my healing ability in open world vs M+ vs raid. I tend to use Venthyr for raiding and Kyrian for open world/M+ dungeons. Those particular covenants seem to work better for my healing when I engage in those activities.

As a quester I enjoyed the Venthyr story line - but night fae was good too.

One of Kyrian campaign quests is a dungeon run, only my dps alts in that covenant have gone past it.

If you have flying kyrian is the best just because you can fly in it. 2nd is probably night fae since everything is in one room for the most part and soulshape makes it very convenient. Sinfall (Venthyr) is awful imo. Looks nice but pain to navigate.

This is very dependent on class. Kinda just gotta try them all and see what clicks the best. Podtender from NF dreamweaver is unbelievably clutch across the board, though.

The most fun and enjoyable Covenant with an easy hall to get around is…

The Necrolords

Maldraxxus is simple kill everything without worrying about it. If you like to test your mettle and fight in an arena then call this place home.

Who have you killed lately?

I prefer necrolord because its the least annoying sanctum to walk around lol.

If you have flying unlocked, id say go with the aesthetics/powers you like. Vampire, Angel, Fairies or Deadites.

Necrolord - Seat of the primus was boring.
Night Fae - Tree is cool and compact. And the Garden is the easiest mini game
Kyrians - Big clean open area. Only place you can fly or mount up for transmog
Venthyr - Fairly compact, but 2 levels and no easy way to mount.

Of the 4, the covenant quests for Necrolord was interesting but wasnt into it. Night Fae felt like it dragged on and was unfocused after the Ysera part ( that was one of my favorite moments). I felt Venthyr and Kyrian were more interesting. But I like Vampires and my 2nd main is a Paladin.

If you dont have flying, Then Venthyr for the portal power.

For powers, id just go with what icy-veins. Com has

I’d say Kyrian is. You can fly to anywhere there. Werst is the Vampire ones. You have to walk all over the place. It looks awesome but the downtime to walk would make it the werst.

Venth. Door of shadows can help you get to treasures and things that are otherwise very hard to get to