Which covenant for rogue?

Hi just wondering what covenant fellow rogues are running. Mainly for PvP. I’m kyrian now but thinking of going venthyr. Sub main spec

Pvp only Kyrian for sub.

Venthyr or Kyrian

Not night fae
It’s awful unbelievable how bad it is for sub and sin

1 Like

Kyrian and venth are about the same till rank 1 venth is more tunnel burst where as kyrian is flexible

What about Necro?

Necro is good if you only play sin.

I’m sub rogue and I won’t play anything other than necro. I’ve played both Kyrian and Venthyr. Yes, Kyrian/Venthyr sim better offensively and just do more dmg thanks to the covenant offensive abilities, but they also melt wayyy faster. Can’t do any dmg when you’re dead, so you’re pretty much limited to playing with healers.

Fleshcraft is kind of insane. It absorbs 59% of my base health (tooltip says 40%, but it stacks with verse). My base health is 54k, and another 34k with Fleshcraft. It also heals and does passive dmg due to a soulbind.

1 Like

I always found venth pumps the hardest but switched to necro for more survivability. Spikes are a decent cheap dmg dealer and the range and dot helps keep everyone visible. And Kevin. Sweet sweet Kevin.

If you have a great partner abs can coordinate goes, venth. If you’re plugging at all, you may find necro makes that much more enjoyable.

The best thing about SBS is the low energy combo point generator I find it’s really strong for sin and outlaw plus fleshcraft is great.

I do think Kyrian is the best for sub just because of the damage potential and the vials.

Necro for Assassin of course and that’s the only spec where it’s truly recommended. Most of the top rogues are running Kyrian Sub but you’ll see all four covenants; even Night Fae amazingly, being played at high 2k rating and even 3k.

I do see a Necro Sub Rogue or two but you’re going to miss out on some of the big burst from Venth or Kyrian which is of course super important.

I just can’t wait for 9.1.5 where we don’t have to sweat this so much and we can just freely swap and play around and see what feels best.

For now if you’re trying to PvP very seriously and playing Sub you’ll want to go Venth or Kyrian.

In 9.1.5 necro bubble is getting a massive nerf. So you might want to look into it. I think it does to 30% base health so druids can’t abuse bear form necro bubble and other classes can’t exploit temporary health gains.