Which Covenant for BM?

Which covenant are you guys going for Brewmaster ?

Most likely The one with Leyline for me.

I like how it looks.

2 Likes

Necrolord’s honestly seems the best if we just look at the benefits it offers.

1. Bonedust brew allows our kegs/palms to take an extra second off of our brew CDs, so Keg goes to 4 seconds and T. palm goes to 2 seconds. Also gives a 50% to double proc an ability used on an enemy covered with it (though I don’t know how effective that is) and a further 35% chance to add a shadow damage proc or give increased healing. Hopefully the increased healing is a buff only your allies can have.
  2. Fleshcraft basically gives a free 50% health shield if used in a dungeon/raid due to a tank’s proximity to corpses (if your dps knows how to click buttons)

The only problem with the Necrolords is that they’re UGLY. Besides that, I don’t see the other covenants being as effective.

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation. That’s what I was thinking, what is the one that synergizes with BoF? I really want to love that playstyle but they keep making BoF underperform for some reason both in talents and covenants :frowning:

I did not do the math, just as a btw, but bonedust brew performs a lite version of the talent “black ox brew” with 1 minute CD instead of two like B.o.B. So if you want to use the spitfire talent instead, it would give more of a reason to use tiger palm, especially during the bone dust effect to hopefully get more spitfire procs.

Any spitfire play style is MUCH better in PVP though if paired with the incendiary breath and double keg perks. Thinking about it, along with the spitfire talent, BrM would be pumping damage in PVP.

The only problem with the Necrolords is that they’re UGLY.

OMG. Yes. Whoever designed the leather set… I resent you!

Kyrian right now seems like the best option for BrM. pelagos even after nerfs is the strongest conduit and the ability damage wise is on par with bone dust brew from Necro. the extra potion is also far better then a channeled shield you can never really use in combat. I can see that shield being a lot better for tanks that get chunked on pull but stagger makes sure that isn’t an issue for us so this shield is a much smaller plus for our toolkit then an extra healing pot for emergencies.

Both kyrian and necro are really good tho so you really cant go wrong with either of those choices. I would agree the leather set from necro is pretty terrible which is a shame given how cool the plate set is. Kyrian is kinda boring also in that regard.

But as a monk, that jade green animation shell looks great! After all, if you’re not rockin’ a jade green monk theme, you’re monking wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nerfed again today. It’s useless.

2 Likes

yep of course lol

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319004/state-of-brewmaster-monk-in-shadowlands-tank-strengths-best-covenants-soulbinds-

The above link is a detailed breakdown from “llarold”, a respectable wowhead author. Very detailed. The disclaimer though is that it’s now 9 days old, and doesn’t reflect the nerfs on Kyrian and Necrolord. So use it as a reference, and check back to the link and it may have an update. If not, it will probably be merged with the Shadowlands Brewmaster guide upon launch. My guess is Necrolord could still be the better choice of the 3, when all the dust settles.

Also take note, that depending on what content you’re doing, and what friends you’re playing with, there are dungeon specific bonuses and buffs to having certain covenants in the party. So if you’re going to be grouped with 4 other buds doing M+, your decision may come down to choosing a covenant based upon which one they don’t have. The link below is to dungeon specific bonuses.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shadowlands-dungeon-covenant-bonuses-kyrian-necrolord-venthyr-night-fae

are you kidding? if you’re not NFae dont expect an invite from any decent group. Literally far better.

You guys literally dont do any hardcore testing obviously.

3 Likes

xD Not even, Kyrian was in 1st place for ages and Necrolord 2nd place. With the Kyrian nerfs, Necrolord is hands down #1

good thing they made it easy for you to switch after week 1.

As an actual beta tester, https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-monk-class-changes/490702 **same name, just on my hunter to post in the alpha / beta forums.
I can tell you Kyrian was never a best option.

It went bugged Venthry to Nightfae, and now it is Nightfae and possibly Kyrian but never necrolord.

1 Like

The Kyrain hype has been promoted by only babys and disproved by anyone actually testing since the closed alpha. Now if babys came out with a DH guild I would take notice since that is his main for the last 4 years.

Ven has been the actual numbers tops for both tank dps and ww dps since alpha. Now with the recent nerfs to ven and buffs to nightfae the later might win out numbers wise in both.

This Kyrian dream is a push by people who don’t main monk and just like the transmog.

2 Likes

who likes the Kyrian transmog for monk? almost every streamer as well as Big Dumb Guild guides, icy guides, wowhead guides all pushed Kyrian then necro for BrM. im not saying that’s correct I have seen trell testing Fae on his in M+ but he never really commented if that was what he considered the best only that he was testing it.

I will actually be trilled if that one is viable also because it honestly means the gap has probably closed a lot and made most usable as long as your not racing for world first. ill do some night fae testing today that prob the one iv ignored the most.

I really wish the night fae transmog wasn’t terrible for leather…monk tank in a caster dress…damn lol.