Which class would be strongest with all talent points at once

as with anything in classic, the answer is mage/warrior/rogue

1 Like

I think it has more to do with people who play a class knowing the strengths of that class better than they do those of other classes. And some classes have talent trees that synergize better than others. A mage able to unlock all their talents is slightly more powerful, yes, but much of the Arcane tree does nothing for Frost, and Frost has little overlap with fire, and Fire does crap all for Arcane.

On the other hand, a Warlock’s Affliction, Demonology, and Destruction trees all synergize together nicely. Affliction’s debuffs are always good, and Nightfall and Shadow Mastery play into Destruction nicely. Demonology adds tons of survivability, and some utility with the pets. Destruction brings in more badassery with Ruin, and has some things that help Demonology, as well. That… is really pretty dang sweet.

Basically, the classes that have viable builds that aren’t “Hey, throw everything into this tree, and then fill in some others with whatever points are left over” benefit the most. Warriors, rogues, Warlocks, Shamans, even Paladins all win big with that.

And, yes, it would make one HELL of a weekend event.

warrior would be impossible to fight with another melee 2 extra stuns in prot and another in arms

1 Like

Mage with combustion, arcane power, PoM, imp CS, iceblock, cold snap, shatter, blastwave, imp CoC, ignite, frostbite, ice barrier and impact…

Yeeeeaaahhh… I’m going to say mages…

A mage in BWL+gear with all talents would be able to global any class from 30 yards

And if he/ she doesn’t, that mage has 2 ice blocks, 2 novas and 2 barriers to deal with.

3 Likes

What does the fox say?

Pretty much any of the “pures” would be ridiculous, along with Warriors.

Warlocks would be incredibly strong having access to all three specs’ big damage boosts. Sacrifice the succubus, get all the deep Affliction shadow bonuses, and chain cast Shadow Bolt with Ruin ready to go. PvP Warlocks would be nightmares and probably be the top class.

For PvE… I think either Rogues or Warriors. Both of these classes already scale incredibly well with their limited talent choices. Give a Swords Rogue Seal Fate and the attack power boost of Deadliness? Along with all the tricks and CDs? Yeesh. On the other hand, Fury Warriors would have access to the Prot 1-hander damage bonus, whatever weapon spec they preferred from Arms, and then have Mortal Strike as well.

I think I’d give Warriors the leg-up on PvE, not only because they’re already insanely dominate DPS as is, but an “everything” spec would allow them to do everything flawlessly.

2 Likes

Rogue, Mage and Warlock would benefit most from having all talents. But if I had to pick one I think Warlock would just truck everyone else.

In PvE, fury warriors will probably completely destroy the charts even more with sword spec and one hand specialization. Warlocks will get an extra 10 or 15% damage from having both SM and DS.

In dueling, I would say warlock, but I don’t think even with SL and double void sacs that I could survive against an AR + Seal Fate + Prep rogue. In BGs though, warlocks will complete dominate the field since our biggest issue is either lacking damage with SL or lacking survivability with SM/Ruin or Conflag. Now we have both survivability and damage.

Honorable mentioned to mages with nova shatter into AP PoM pyro + full fire talents though.

1 Like

I’ll second the Warlock. It’s one of the few classes where every tree has strong options all the way to the top of the tree.

Mage I just don’t see helping all that much. There are some minor bonuses from the top of each tree for the other specs, but Mages tend to focus on one type of damage so all those buffs for the damage types they don’t use aren’t helpful.

Likewise, Rogues and Warrior tend to specialize in a damage style so you end up with a lot of superfluous fluff - you become more versatile but not really more powerful.

Hunters do get bonuses, but they’re relatively minor. If you gave Hunters every talent right now, they’d go up a few notches in dps but not enough to make them really all that inspiring dps-wise.

Druids suffer from the forms issue, where you can only be in one form at a time. While there are useful elements in all three trees, you’re stucking doing one thing.

Shaman would be utterly devastating in PvP with their ability to batch with Elemental Mastery and Nature’s Swiftness - they could delete people at a dead run. In PvE, they’d also be quite a bit stronger with the combination of Storm Strike and the talents to actually exploit the 20% additional nature damage.

Warrior, Priest or Warlock. Priest would be its own Raid boss.

I kinda wanna say Druid but according to all the forum QQ about them from early TBC all druids already are 41/41/41 talent specked with many forum warriors claiming mangle, tree form, and boom chicken all in the same fight. In the face of such obvious lies, blizzard dutifully nerfed feral “TO THE GROUND BABY!”

1 Like

You might want to take another look at the talents…

Just for rogues, vs the regular sword build, you’re getting:

• 15% more damage on Eviscerate
  • 20% more poison damage
  • 10% higher chance to apply poison
  • Guaranteed crit on Sinister Strike, Backstab, Eviscerate, or Ambush
  • 15% more damage on targets stunned by Kidney Shot
  • 100% chance for an extra combo point on crits from combo point generators
  • +10 max energy
  • some armor penetration
  • 10% Attack Power
  • PREPARATION allowing you to reset ALL your CDs including Adrenaline Rush and Blade Flurry. This by itself is insane.

You probably gain even more with daggers. I don’t know if rogues would be the best, but they’d be pretty disgusting.

Now that’s a scary combo.

1 Like

For PvE, Warrior. They’re already well and above the top DPS, and they’d be even more so with weapon specializations, One-Handed Weapon Specialization, and Sweeping Strikes.

For PvP, Rogue. They’re already near impossible to beat 1v1. Strong chance of double combo points, guaranteed crits on Eviscerate, Blade Flurry and Adrenaline Rush, more attack power, more combo points on dodges and resists, higher poison proc chance, and weapon specializations.

1 Like

What nobody is going to say pally?

Lmao no. The paladin only has a few useful talents anyways. Spiritual Focus, Illumination, Healing Light and Guardian’s Favor are the only exceptional ones. And you can get those without unlocking all the trees.

You’d be the most durable healer ever. That’s it. Honestly, if they unlocked the whole talent tree right now, paladins would still get meme’d on outside the support healer role.

1 Like

I don’t know, a paladin that can unlock everything would be a pretty good AoE tank, or an off-tank that can do emergency heals. While they won’t blow anyone’s socks off, they would at least have no weaknesses, which is important.

How important do you think that would be in the grand scheme of things? Yeah, it’s ‘good’ for holding AoE threat and can also be a perfectly competent healer, but again, paladins can already do that without unlocking all three trees.

I was more thinking in pvp you can run around as an unkillable healadin. While still whacking people with reckoning, eye for an eye, repentance, etc.

1 Like

In raids? I can think of a lot of places where unkillable AoE tanks would be a gorram blessing from your cosmic power of choice. There are plenty of pulls in BWL, AQ40, and Naxx that have lots of trash that can be very dangerous if they run loose amongst the healers.

I don’t really PvP, but that would be SICK. Probably one of the few things that would offer a counter to a fully unlocked warlock.