Which Class Makes the Best Swordsman?

Hi I am wondering which class to play but I don’t know how to decide lol. I know I want to be a swordsman adventurer type character

3 Likes

Go with Human warrior, pick up blacksmithing / mining, and let it rip. :slight_smile: When given the opportunity when you reach high enough skill as a blacksmith, pick up Weaponsmithing, then Master Swordsmith. Bonus points for making all your own armor. The swords you can make yourself are kinda okay (all the best stuff is in raids) but you’ll have a lot of opportunity for enjoyment. :slight_smile:

You’ll never hurt for groups, as you can tank or dps, given practice. Being human is a must (additional sword skill).

6 Likes

I like this idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are a ton of side quests involving blacksmithing as well - mithril order, imperial plate, fiery gauntlets, mithril armors from stranglethorn, etc etc etc. If you want to set yourself a real challenge for the endgame, earn / grind your way to exalted with Thorium Brotherhood for the exalted plans. Don’t forget to make yourself Corruption too.

Way down the road, there is a lot of fun to be had in later expansions (TBC for sure) with Swordsmithing - Lionheart Champion awaits. :smiley:

2 Likes

Arms Warrior is exactly what you are looking for.

3 Likes

night elf warrior is pretty dope. big giant swords fit well on them, and dont clip thru the ground like on the inferior races.

2 Likes

One of the strongest heroes in WC3 was a sword wielding Orc Warrior named Blade Master of The Burning Blade Clan.

Orc warrior makes just as much sense as a human warrior for swords from a lore and Warcraft history perspective. It depends on whether your focus is PvE or PvP but just remember that +sword skill racial only matters in raiding and really nowhere else except maybe leveling where you’re dealing with higher level mobs.

For PvP Orcs definitely have a huge edge on human warriors in arms/MS spec.

Night Elf is good too, personally I love Shadowmeld and feel like it’s a really misunderstood ability even though I know a lot of people would disagree.

1 Like

Yeah… go human, unless you like wearing Edgemasters forever. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Warrior is the de-facto “swordsman”.

2 Likes

I appreciate all the responses :slight_smile: Warrior seems to be the way to go

The other choice is rogue. Stealth is cool.

what do you think about combat rogue vs warrior as to how they compare as sword users?

In the long run I think you’ll find warriors more versatile. They can dps, tank, sword/board, furytank, pvp with a big 2h weapon from hell, etc. Rogues can stealth, but they can really only dps, except in niche situations.

If you want a shiny plate wearing guy with a sword and shield, go warrior. If you want to play Maximus the Gladiator, go warrior. If you want to show up drunk, mostly naked, grumpy as f, and swing a claymore at some howling lizards, go warrior.

On the flipside, if you want to smell like leather and pretend you’re Jonny Depp, swinging a couple rapiers… go rogue.

1 Like

warrior bruhhh!!!

Hunter 100%

Rogue or Dhunter or Deathknight

I always thought of the Warrior as more of a Sandor Clegane type. Gritty and brutish, with abilities such as overpower that just show what a powerhouse he is. Combat Rogues to me were always more of the classic swordsman. Sort of an Inigo Montoya type of character, as they have riposte as a talent, but with no honor. I guess either could be considered a swordsman, but one is more power where the other is more finesse. Of course this is just my roleplay interpretation, so to each their own.

2 Likes

that sounds interesting. from that angle i think i prefer more of an elegant and smooth style to a brutish wrecking ball

Combat rogue would be considered just as much of a swordsman as a warrior, just prefers to fight a different style. Warrior will give you more options as far as gear and weapons though (if you want to change it up and use a big two handed sword every once in a while and can wear any armor type).

mage, 100%

1 Like