Which class kills Preservation Evoker's easiest?

Tired of chasing them while they’re immune to interrupts, cc, snares, etc. Want them all to die. Which class is my alt?

1 Like

Rogues (sin) and DHs are probably the best. Anything that can do good sustained single target damage without being kited too much… Hard for evoker to keep up when defensives are down and the dps has good uptime.

1 Like

Offensive dispel most importantly. Need to remove their CC immunity.

Then the god tier specs like DH/Fury/Spriest/Rogue can kill them in a stun.

This. Didnt even know they were hard to kill playing assassination until i started tryijg to level my alt.

I feel like Pres. evoker matches up so well into assa rogues though… I wonder how many of those evokers you were having an easy time with just never bothered to use cauterizing flame… insant cast heal/bleed/poison removal on a 1m CD aligns pretty nicely with anything an assa rogue could do to you

1 Like

They can remove every single bleed, poison, and cooldown you put on them. They hard counter sin, of course they need to use brain so I’m sure some sin rogues have killed a few bots in bg’s / skrims. Once they find their universal 1 min cd bleed removal sin will never kill them. Ever.

2 Likes

dont understand why coil doesnt interrupt communion

Can rogues just triple sap it off?

also dont rogues kill in a kidney usually so it doesnt matter. 1 min cd is pretty long, rogue can just reapply dots

gonna guess the same class that kills every other healer easiest, rogues

Sin needs kingsbane (1min) and deathmark(2min) to kill. Both of which are removed instantly with their 1 min cd Cauterizing Flame. Again, they hard counter sin. If you fight evokers who don’t know this ability exists or are just wasting it on some random bleed then sure, sin can kill them. If you fight one with a brain that knows these two abilities are the only way they die they can save communion / trinket + cauterizing flame to be immune to death vs sin.

EDIT: Added name of the evoker ability, I couldn’t remember it.

2 Likes

Evoker vs rogue seems like a really fun matchup. Both seem like they have really good counters for each other but have to be super careful how they use them.

I don’t think they can use it while stunned or if they can the random bg ones aren’t pressing it. /shrug. It’s my first time seeing dragons.

They die even faster as subtlety, obviously.

Yeah good ones don’t pre cast it against rogues. They usually hold it until combat starts. I have seen a different strat as well where they will precast it and watch the buff and as soon as the rogue saps the first one off (the buff has a visual and stack count) his team will AOE around him since they know the rogue is there to pull it out.

Yes you can triple sap CC immunity off of evokers. And i kill then rather easily on my DK, Sub Rogue and Surv Hunter

1 Like

I’m not sure that Spriest or Fury are known for their “kill in a single CC”, right?

How on earth is Shadow scoring a kill otherwise

Obv in a straight 1v1 with everything even, Evoker is really hard to kill. Any healer is hard to kill in a duel. What makes sin rogue different is that the Evoker absolutely needs these cooldowns available or they’ll die. They also can’t do anything else while they’re peeling and blowing cooldowns on themselves. Sin rogues are really good at punishing an Evoker that’s not at full strength.

1 Like

Ret actually does pretty well at killing them, at least once we have 4 set and full gear.

Ele Sham has funny damage right now, but it will likely get nerfed a week into season 1. They also are pretty meh defensively.

The nerfs incoming aren’t that crazy, but their other matchups are pretty bad. DH being busted will give them a hard time and llama himself says Resto is going to be way better in solo shuffle than ele. Resto has some busted stuff, namely double earth totem, and three modifiers that mean you rarely have to channel. Plus counter strike totem just gets full value in low rating.

by killing 3 targets at once, and not just 1.

silly billy