Which alts are you playing?

Hey all! Like most of you I LOVE my Monks, but I was curious to see what alts you are enjoying (especially Windwalkers). I haven’t branched too far from the class and I don’t mind being an “underdog,” spec. But I see a lot of players claiming they are performing in the 90+ percentile just to stay competitive. So if you play an alt or would, which class / spec is it?

I personally roll Warrior (Arms), and Shaman (Elemental/Resto), if I need a ranged DPS and I’m not playing Windwalker or Mistweaver.

All of them.

… what?!?

I’m not an altoholic. I can stop any time I want.

I just don't want to...
1 Like

I mostly heal but occasionally my guild needs a DPS offspec so I figured what’s the spec that I can just face roll the keyboard for good results. It was between a Havoc DH and a BM Hunter so I choose the Hunter. I do my 5 Mask on her and 1 +15 for the week and park her unless the guild needs or I’m bored healing.

I have alts of every flavor, but I prefer to not level any past ilvl 445. I don’t play at mythic or high end content, preferring to stay on the casual side of the house.

DPS: BM Hunters and DH easily breeze past us on the DPS charts. Normally I start off with a strong lead on my opener, but then see that lead get chipped away by several other classes as the fight progresses on single targets. There is no competition on mass pulls. DH runs away, though WW is still performs very well. I believe it’s a tuning issue that Bliz has chosen to ignore while focusing on the next xpac.

Heals: MW performs well enough, both in the rising mists and upwelling builds. I prefer upwelling because it is less frenetic and produces similar output. Glimmer Paladins are broken with their ability to produce massive DPS and HPS. I’m not jealous, I just wonder why they are allowed to shine in that arena when it used to be ours. Holy priests, Druids, and Shaman will outperform our raw HPS if given similar gear and skill.

Tank: Brewmaster performs very strongly when played well, with multiple outs when things get wonky. They self-heal much less than other tanks, and require constant upkeep of iron skin brew or they become paper tanks. I am looking forward to the return of clash as we were lacking in caster/ranged management compared to other tanks. Brewmaster plays much more fluidly in my opinion. From a healer’s perspective, BrM are the easiest tanks to heal with much less worry about them suddenly taking 3 unlucky hits and dieing before a proper response can be sent out.

I could go into more detail, but I feel monk is in a well rounded, yet under tuned position. This seems to be the case xpac after xpac. But the fun factor is still there which is why it remains steadfastly my favorite class.

I mained Windwalker until Legion, where it was basically turned into an empty apple skin with no fruit underneath. All the mechanics removed. The spec has literally had nothing added to it since Legion prepatch. It has been eviscerated since that point, and I’m not sure why the development team did that. It’s not even a case of anything having been inherently wrong or imbalanced with the spec. It just keeps having things stripped away from it for no reason.

I actually want to make an alliance monk alt. Kinda leaning toward female dwarf to be unique.

Oh lawd!! please not another female dwarf monk.