Where's Delaryn?

Has she shown up in beta, was she in Shadows Rising? Sira is currently imprisoned in the Stocksdes but I haven’t heard a peep from the other undead night elf since that single quest in Tirisfal, which is weird because before she felt a lot more prominent or important than Sira.

3 Likes

I don’t have a beta but afaik, no news about Delaryn yet. No mention in Shadows Rising either, which is actually sad and would have been something I really would have liked to see ( along with an explanation why Derek Proudmoore is now in the horde ).
I’d be deeply disappointed if their storylines are abandoned, and they were nothing more but a plot device to demonstrate how evil Sylvanas is.

13 Likes

Abandoned until Calia needs another cheerleader to show how cool she is

13 Likes

I’m using what’s left of my fandom strength not to think about it in order to avoid further disappointment but I’d like to believe there are some of those Dark Rangers that are still with Sylvanas but acting as double agents, Delaryn being one of them.
I still want to believe that Visrynn, one of the Kaldorei Dark Rangers, deliberatly left clues about Sylvanas wherebouts so she could be found and stopped.

4 Likes

I think it was made clear that Delaryn is definitely not among the Kaldorei Dark Rangers who are still with Sylvanas? I believe it was stated Sylvanas lost her hold over them when she left, or something like that.

I had the same thought and I’m curious if we’ll see her again.

4 Likes

Delaryn wasn’t in Shadows Rising, which was surprising since she was last seen with Calia and Derek, who were revealed to have joined the Horde in the novel. And I haven’t heard anything about her being data-mined or in the beta.

Her current whereabouts are unknown but since her last known companions are Horde now, I feel its a safe bet that when she returns to the story it will be as a Horde character.

That would be a neat twist and make more sense than all these undead night elves developing loyalty to Sylvanas to follow her above the Alliance or the Horde.

10 Likes

Oh yeah you’re right I forgot she is seeking help from Calia instead of her people who consistently asked her to come back home. Now I know why I blocked it deep down my mind. :unamused:

18 Likes

Could play some part at prepatch. I also hope they don’t abandon her arc.

1 Like

Probably still in the Tirisfal Forest still.

Sometimes, I give Blizz the benefit of the doubt. Sure, it is very unsatisfying when they leave plot threads open and frayed, never to be touched on. That has happened far too often.

But Blizzard can not tell every story all at once. They are not exactly some Netflix content dump, where everything is released for our perusal.

I know when I feel stuff has been long ignored, and I see it pop up waaaay later, I get a little stoked. Murmur is a good example. From his introduction in BC, I was super interested in his history. We only face an echo of him. I was excited to see what he would bring to the story.

But there was no mention of him for years. He was a really cool thing in an expac and dropped and forgotten.

Then near a decade later, in WoD, we find another echo of him in the AU, and get a toy. I was so excited to see the call back, even if it was inconsequential. It gave me hope that we may encounter more lore about him down the line, and that he was not truly forgotten.

I think Delaryn has more to come. I do not really see why she would be relevant at this point. Sira is out there doing the things for Sylvanas, so that makes sense. But it seems like Calia, Derek, Delaryn, and the other Undead Night Elves are having group therapy, and then they will show up and do stuff, later.

Or maybe we will find out Calia is some badass, and she led them all on a mission to raid some other planet in the Twisting Nether while we were in the Shadowlands. Like Illidan led his suddenly-existing army of Demon Hunters.

Delaryn was nowhere in Shadows Rising, nor did she get any mention. Some Forsaken Kaldorei did, however - Sira, obviously, and another Kaldorei Dark Ranger named Visrynn who was loyal to Sylvanas. Furthermore, Delaryn doesn’t seem to have been datamined anywhere yet in Shadowlands.

I’m going to assume that when it comes time to continue the story of those Dark Rangers (which I imagine they will at some point), Delaryn will be involved in some capacity. In a perfect world, I’d like to see a bi-factional questline like the Night Warrior unlock where Dark Ranger customization was made available for Blood Elf and Night Elf player characters.

4 Likes

Where’s Shokia?

1 Like

didn’t she die in war crimes? I could go read the book again and find out but I already lobotomized myself with a letter opener once over that book.

Nope. She went through a portal with the rest of her group and disappeared.

1 Like

did that book even happen at this point? what relevant plot was even introduced?

It explains how Garrosh escaped and how AU Draenor was made. Without the book WoD is a huge plothole.

1 Like

wod wasn’t a relevant plot point though.

blizz could say that kiljeaden resurrected guldan with magic and legion would be 100 percent the same.

Where would the Mag’har allied race we have now come from?

outland nagrand like the players wanted in the first place.

5 Likes

I suppose we don’t need much of a reason for Geya’rah to want to kill Draenei.