Where is the new Recruit a Friend?

Pretty much what the title says. Is it coming out today? Whats up?

3 Likes

Hey Emolarry,

Unfortunately, along with a couple other features, RAF didn’t go live today.

2 Likes

thanks so much for such a speedy reply. do you know if there was any word on when it’s coming?

Nothing yet as of yet. So far the only reference to a time frame is “soon” in the patch notes.

2 Likes

Indeed! Keep an eye on the website for more news - you can also follow @Warcraft on twitter if you use that :slight_smile:

These features will be activating at a later time:

• Recruit A Friend
  • Guild & Community Finder
  • WoW 15th Anniversary Event
2 Likes

That’s great to know Kalviery, but you guys also seem to have disabled the old guild finder.

thanks for the feedback. very upsetting news though.

1 Like

Dang it, that’s the whole reason I re-subbed. You guys really should include details like that in the patch notes. Especially if you explicitly tell us its going to be in the update. Something simple like “Will be added at a later date.”

6 Likes

I’m guessing that it was a last minute thing… sometimes things happen and they can’t be included in the patch notes. The fact that they were planing on releasing it and it wasn’t included leads me to believe it wasn’t something they planned to not include.

2 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

I was so hyped to get my son all started up with an account and do the RAF bonuses with him and get my wife (who has been unsub’d since 2014) into the game with RAF as well. I get Gametime, a mount and we can all quest together and whatnot! Hopefully its sooner than later!

2 Likes

Bummer, I was looking forward to this. :frowning:

Figures, I was looking forward to getting my wife back into the game today …

Shame. My wife was all ready to join as well.

Well I guess I’ll be watching Blizzard like a hawk in hopes of getting her into the game before her interest wanes.

Waiting for Refer a Friend also! I have several people to invite.

1 Like

Seriously, Kalv? Censored for a comment about indentation?!?
:disappointed_relieved:

No one is censoring you PĂ». We are not a government entity, you do not have the right to say whatever you want here.

Semantics aside, your comments - and not just your comments - were removed because they were derailing to topic. In the future, if you have a question about why your posts have been removed, please submit a ticket. We do not tend to discuss forum moderation decisions here as it only serves to further derail conversations.

5 Likes

Of course I know that. It just seemed a pretty innocuous comment to garner such an action. Oh well.

But did you pass along my note about the formatting? Not gamebreaking or anything, but you know what they say… if something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback on the moderation. :grinning:

1 Like

I think you’ve probably been around here long enough to know that the Support forum agents are not liaisons to the developers. I think you also know by now the proper way to submit suggestions and feedback to the development team.

3 Likes

I am just hoping its not October 1 - after the BfA sale in the Blizz shop.

2 Likes