Why isn't Plunderstorm using the Chicago server, instead of just LA?

Stop being stingy with your servers Blizz! Playing West/Cali from East coast is absolutely atrocious. Spell desync is sometimes so bad it looks like spells are coming out of your side or butt hole. People start jittering around, and overall just feels poor. Blizz has had Chi servers for almost every one of their games, where is it at? It’s more centrally located then the LA server.

1 Like

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Americas_region_realm_list_by_datacenter

Plunderstorm is only using the LA server. It doesn’t use the Chicago server in the US. This can be verified by ping and looking at connections in resource monitor.

Realms have nothing to do with Plunderstorm either.

1 Like

I am EST and i played just fine. Had like 60 ping if that.

I think fine is completely relative here. Fine for you running into the storm and dying isn’t the same for other people. You start moving and juking fast enough you really start seeing the desync, especially when getting hit by abilities that shouldn’t otherwise hit you and missing abilities that should otherwise hit.

I also have a ping of 58ish, and 200~ FPS.

Now think how bad OCE feels.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I was connected to the west coast cause my ping was 76 to 80ish, sometimes 100 ping or so from the East Coast.

Would be nice if they have a server too, but they’re an absolutely fractional amount of the player base as opposed to half the US.

That is true, but that fraction is still paying for a service to a small indie company

1 Like

As is the eastern seaboard. Glad we’re in agreement.

I think because it wasn’t supposed to actually be a patch. FWIU, it was a training exercise and they decided on fairly short to offer it to players as a minor patch.

Cry more. i play from EU and have no issues.

Once again running into the storm and dying isn’t the same as players trying to win. Go pretend your brain dead game play are the same as people who see issues.

Yeah my guess is they didn’t think it would take off as much as it did - but it did, so now we’d like better servers.