Where do we need to post to get clones back?

Reddit?
Twitter?

Because the devs obviously don’t read these forums. Numerous posts from GM feedback revolves around “if we get enough traction”

The literal hundreds of posts on here about the mishandling of the clones isn’t enough?

Or do the devs not read anything the board doesn’t let them read?

2 Likes

Maybe they actually deleted them.

1 Like

Your character was snapshotted on era clientside and tbc clientside the moment your choice was made. They deleted era but all they have to do is reverse engineering and reclone from moment one tbc to classic. It’s a cut and paste job.

3 Likes

that’s PR speak for “never”, sweetie :expressionless:

1 Like

seems like using your method, best case scenario is you get a new level 60 of the same class/race equipped with generic greens :expressionless:
they certainly won’t be able to give you all your items, rep, professions, etc. that data is gone.

That’s a cut and paste GM response.

Let’s be honest, a good amount of those “hundreds” of posts are probably posts made by the same person on different forums characters. Suck it up buttercup. Level a toon the old fashion way like everyone else

2 Likes

Whats your excuse for not cloning though? It was 15 dollar at first and before it went extinct 5 dollar only per char. If you care you would have done it no? I am confused.

I had to step away from the game due to something medically related. Even if my reason wasn’t “justified” it wouldn’t matter.

My guildie I’ve raided with since wrath got deployed. So he literally couldn’t. That’s why this whole thing is bull crap.

2 Likes

Anyone have some links? I haven’t seen any of these, and can’t seem to find them easily…

Im saying this as prior service, life moves on. The world does not stop because you are overseas. It is unfortunate, but there are many other careers he could have chosen if wow meant that much to him.

Or, a close friend could have gotten his information to login and cloned the character for him, with him being overseas and all.

this person seems to be visibly shaking with rage that the majority of the community want our characters back, report him for trolling and spamming and derailing topics considering he/she has posted in literally every thread anyone has posted expressing their voice on wanting their own characters back after they were taken from them.

Reopen the Cloning Service!

6 Likes

I doubt any snapshot was on the client, and if so they are def gone.

It is not cut and paste. There is almost no chance that reopening clones would be trivial even if the data is available somewhere. But keep telling devs how easy it will be, that is sure to motivate them.

Wherever it is you go to pray for a miracle.

Disagree with this. He shouldn’t be punished for serving. While what you said is true, it’s lame that in his situation, his time was disrespected when it’s people like him that allow the devs to sit in their comfy offices with comfortable ac, and sorry free of their safety and civil liberties.

Also his friend share would be against tos.

I also don’t blame him for not making wow a priority over his patriotism. That would be silly.

Facts. Every. Single. Thread. When writing this I was shocked they took this long to respond, I knew they were already lurking.

1 Like

While I know a handful of individuals who joined because they are patriotic, most I served with joined for the money and benefits.

But that’s neither here or there.

The fact remains that life moves on. The world does not wait every time someone CHOOSES to join the military and gets deployed.

Yes, it is technically against tos, but I’m not advocating account sharing for personal gain. It would be to save his character and log off. This is not black and white and easily justified, especially with the context that the owner is deployed at that time. There is more he and you could have done but didn’t. The world moved on.

Blizzard, please bring back character cloning! I really want to play classic-era again and I cant bring myself to continue the journey if it isnt on the character I began it with.

2 Likes

Lol shaking with rage. They’re free bumps, there isnt an argument as to why clones were taken away in the first place, other than to create scarcity and bring them back at a higher price. Or i just give blizzard too much credit and some dude really thought, “oh well we dont need this anymore”. Basically chucking away data that could provide another source of income for no cost.

I do find it funny though, its like 3 dudes against the massive tsunami of clone requests. “I’ll stop this tsunami with my bare hands!”

3 Likes

Once again, you’re not wrong, but when the devs preach about preserving the spirit of classic and then go do stuff like this, it’s plain as day that they are straight up hypocrites.

Life does move on, but imagine having your characters there when you get back is a little extra bonus to look forward to. Or in this case, imagine coming back excited to log on to find out that your characters are no longer there.

Such a great feeling to know that all of our time that we invested are characters have a shelf life.

Take my situation, for example. I wasn’t overly active due to health problems. Did I choose those problems? No I did not and well my situation is unfortunate. It’s fundamentally disrespectful how disconnected his devs are…

3 Likes

You’re not wrong i dont think blizzard even read forums

1 Like