Where do we go after Wrath?

Will Blizzard provide an option for players who wish to continue progressing their character can then transfer it over into retail?

Or will we see an ongoing 2 year cycle of Classic+ servers.

We aint even making it to wrath at this rate

18 Likes

I’m not going anywhere after Wrath, that’s end game for me in WoW.

Transferring from classic to retail, or vise versa, is most likely never going to happen.

6 Likes

There is no “after Wrath”. Wow ended for me when the Cata patch hit, so that is as far as the game goes for me.

5 Likes

Wrath will be my last stop on the Classic train.

6 Likes

I hope to be playing the beta or retail version of ‘Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen’ by then.

I’m not sure I will even play WotLK Classic. Having 3 FOTM, overpowered Death Knights in every dungeon group was pretty annoying & stupid the first time around. That class was like cockroaches in WotLK.

3 Likes

Cata had some of the most balanced pvp seasons of the entire life cycle of the game, I’d like to replay it. I’d definitely play mop as well.

Maybe after that we can all finally move on with our lives.

4 Likes

Tbc is dropping off way faster than classic . Wrath will be even worse. I doubt it’ll last long at all.

4 Likes

they will have to rebalance the game, give us a setup raid of some sort, not nax i hope, to gear up 80s to get ready and just give us Ulduar and ICC alone, rebalance the gear a bit to make it work, and just feed us the direct drug hit of the greatest raid ever, Ulduar, and a very good raid ICC after. Or even at the same time, rebalance so you can raid both at once viably. Maybe nerf emerald dream and have us do that first.

No trial of the crusader at all really, i’d like to not do that raid ever again frankly.

you stand very alone with that sentiment, i have no intention of playing past the end of wrath and neither do the majority of the playerbase, i suggest you try retail for that sort of pvp.

2 Likes

ill be goin back to ARRRRRRRR them thar servers.

2 Likes

this. blizzard might be dead by wrath.

1 Like

Even if blizzard goes under that doesn’t mean wow is gonna disappear. Everquest is still drawing money and releases new expansions and servers to keep their player base happy, and they have been sold to different companies twice.

Lol check forums, I’m not alone, and it’s nothing like retail. I’ve played for 15 years and seen every iteration the game has gone down. Season 9, they had an arena tournament on this season as well, was the most balanced the classes ever were. Check it out.

If it makes sense ($$) they’ll do anything so I expect a poll sometime during wrath classic to gage if people want to stop playing or want to continue their characters, I wonder what it’ll be

Also mop has a large fan base so GL trying to stop that train.

makes sense for them to keep going after wrath if enough people are paying them to play old wow

1 Like

dude, the classic game is barely gonna survive UNTIL wrath. forget about what comes after lol

1 Like

Cata and MoP will have even lower populations thats about it.

World of Warcraft makes too much money to just disappear in a year or two.

Even if for some reason Blizzard failed
 someone would scoop up WoW in a heartbeat. Classic Wrath would then be the very first thing they launched because it was extremely popular and would require the least amount of effort.

2 Likes

Just because a game gets old doesnt mean people are going to just stop playing it. Look at the mini NES and SNES, those were so popular that stores sold out, games re-release in compilations all the time so people can enjoy their old favorites.

See the problem with people like you is you are expecting millions of players to come back for it to be a “success” and thats a huge fallacy.

1 Like