Where do we buy the authenticator please

• authenticator

We’re sorry but no matches have been found

0 products found

I had searched the blizzardgearstore ?

Also why am I a Blood Elf? I thought I was a Night Elf? When did that happen? It’s been 2 years.

Please help.

They no longer sell the physical authenticator at all. They do have an app you can install on your phone if it is a smart phone (Android or Apple).

10 Likes

Thank you for replying so quickly.

1 Like

Edit: Redacted. I was going to mention a physical source for them, which does exist and is in stock, but the price has been jacked to over $20 which is a total rip-off. :roll_eyes:

I would also wonder as to their actual condition since Blizzard stopped a couple years ago for theirs.

1 Like

I dunnno. They say new and the third-party seller has positive feedback… and it’s a big company that rhymes with Ham-a-thon (items fulfilled by a third-party company with 150k positive feedbacks), but it’s moot anyway.

The price being what it is, it’s not worth it. Unless you want it as a collectors item or something :sunglasses:

Supplied by another company through their portal.

1 Like

Yes, from a third-party seller with a decent rating. Usually when someone says “I got this on Amazon,” it’s quite apparent to everyone that the actual item might not come from Amazon, Inc., but a third-party seller instead. At least, I’ve never had someone tell me, “hey, I just got this cool computer chair from MMTC Discount Office Furniture Solutions LLC on Amazon.” They just say, “I got this chair on Amazon.”

Edited my original post for accuracy.

…since I redacted the post and plainly stated why. My response about them being on Amazon was in response to this:

So, directing my response straight at the idea brought up, I basically said:

• No, the condition isn’t suspect; they’re on Amazon from a reputable seller.

This would allow the person to whom I responded to take that into consideration. Maybe they’d like a physical keyfob and they don’t care if they’re $20. I only cleared up that it’s not some dusty old used fob from some dude’s garage. It’s new stock* from someone you can clearly trust.

So, whether they come from Amazon or a third-party seller is irrelevant. I stated before edits that the seller was rated well (though I did add their actual rating - 4-1/2 out of 5 stars with nearly 150,000 reviews - after the fact.)

What was in question was the condition of the items I was describing. The condition was new, and the seller trustworthy. Who the seller is is not relevant. “It’s on Amazon,” is sufficient for any reasonable buyer.

(*By stating “new stock” I do not mean to imply that the items are still rolling off production lines. Any “new” physical fob you buy today is likely 2 years old or more. I just thought I ought to make that completely clear.)

Night Elves are Alliance. Blood Elves are Horde. Do you recall being Alliance back then or have you always been Horde?

Oh, and Blood Elves are the best elves. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:poop:

1 Like

Aye, you can find more about the App here:

If going this route, I’d also recommend setting up Blizzard Phone Notifications

Having both on your Blizzard account will grant you 4 additional backpack slots in WOW and give you a bit more control over your Blizzard account security :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I remembered but now not happy and I think I might go back to Night Elf for Shadow Lands.

Still find it funny that Kalviery’s stamp on history has been as the one to announce that the physical authenticator was discontinued. He’s cited on Wowpedia and everything. Just not the kind of role the SFAs usually end up in.

That’s not meant to be a dig btw, just… irony I suppose.

1 Like

You can buy them on Amazon but they are asking $40.

Despite what the necrolords say necroing a 2yr old thread is against the rules. Also there also all unavailable due to the fact that blizzard is no longer making them.

2 Likes

I would NOT buy those. They haven’t been in production for so long, their batteries are likely no longer reliable.

7 Likes

Agree, but the reviews are recent and positive.

Perhaps…but personally, I wouldn’t trust those either.

In any event, the person who was looking for one, posted 2 years ago. It’s unlikely that they’re still looking and the authenticators are now all that much older. They only ever had a usable life of 7 years or so (on paper).

The mobile authenticator is SOOOOOO much better in my opinion :wink:

5 Likes

Do not do it. The battery life on the Digipass Go is 7 years. They stopped making them long ago. Further, Blizzard now requires a valid cell number to set up the Auth, even if you have the hardware token version. VOIP and pay as you go plans are not usually supported.

I use my keychain still, but it has a valid cell set up with it.

6 Likes

Is it even still possible to attach a physical authenticator? I would have thought that functionality would have been phased out so long after the fobs were discontinued.

Mine still works on my account. I’m even still using the one I got when they moved WoW to the Battlenet launcher. I bought one of the last ones offered in the store as a replacement when they were discontinued. I’m not sure if it could be added now or if I need to use one on my phone/tablet.