Where did you go to college?

School of Infantry/ITBN, Camp Geiger, North Carolina

1 Like

I ended up at a Big10 state school and finished a B.S. Computer Science and Math double major. I finished about half of a M.S. in Computational Physics before “life” and “stuff” got in the way, and I did not complete the degree (and computational physics specifically as a degree has not been offered there for at least a decade, though a general computational data science is still at least on the books, I believe).

I used to write software for and then lead an engineering department for a Global 500 company, but now I don’t…

1 Like

I’ll be graduating in a year with my degree in English Literature from a school in Utah. I guess I’m on the younger end of WoW players.

Software engineering, starting student job in programming in few months as well, gotta get that work exp.

There isn’t much to me. Went to the local community College and university and majored in IT.

1 Like

BTW look at this posters history:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/what’s-your-go-to-fast-food-place/894731

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/your-favorite-dish-from-your-culture/871395

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/where-diddo-you-go-on-a-first-date/863121

Ask yourself why they are so interested in all your personal information - including your culture, your location, and your dating preferences?

what are you suggesting

I’m suggesting people should be careful online. You’d be amazed how easy it is to dox a person.

Even if this poster is innocent, a malicious 3rd party could easily cross reference from these threads.

People seem so willing to give up so much personal information on a forum that is not exactly safe. People get their account hacked all the time.

University of Phoenix Online

did all online school for Bachelors of Criminal Justice

spent $60k on school and currently a bartender for cheesecake factory

cool story bro

“writing this from my mom’s basement IRL”

1 Like

I went to University of Virginia, Foreign Affairs, graduated 3 years ago.

Hi

Hej bror :v:

1 Like

Philippines: 1990-1998 combination of various vocational stuff and engineering, dropped out to join the Army. then again 2015-2020 using my GI Bill benefits on computer science

Yes when covid wasn’t a thing my friends and I frequented the gaming cafe at UTC

1 Like

I went to Cal, have an electrical engineering degree. Went to school on the GI bill, so no student loans! Graduated in the 70s.

1 Like

Undergrad: University of Michigan, B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Philosophy.

Graduate: Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S. in Cognitive Psychology and soon-to-be Ph.D. In Cognitive Psychology with a minor in Quantitative Psychology.

Citrus College, Forestry and Wildland Resources.

Still in college, my final year. I studied (studying?) Animation at Sheridan. Did some work for a studio over the summer and had a lot of fun. Looking forward to finishing my thesis film soon ™ and also finally being free. :stuck_out_tongue:

College right now is in a really, really bad place in U.S. Probably the biggest issue is that many big colleges like the one I went to are allowed to pay politicians to grant them the ability to decide rather arbitrarily which ones are deemed “state accredited” and which are not.

That prevents someone who goes to a college that might have a better curriculum from actually using their degrees meaningfully. I still remember what one guidance counselor told me before I enrolled at his school:

“Look I shouldn’t say this, but so you know the full score; here’s the truth. I know we’re higher in price on tuition, but as far as the state is concerned; it doesn’t matter. So the real question you’ll have to decide is this. Do you want a ‘real’ bachelor’s degree as far as the state is concerned or not? You have to go with us if you want the former. I read the other college’s curriculum. It’s true they have some perks, but the truth is, they’ll never get accredited. Our college has people (lawyers) that will make sure of that.”

Consider the following scenario. If you as a business get to decide whether your colleague’s businesses are legitimate or not, then what College or business would be insane enough to ‘allow’ a competitor to compete with them over all the money spent for a ‘higher education’?

Ideally the Federal Government should be the one making such decisions, not any specific state colleges that possess a financial interest. Nor should any college be allowed to open it’s doors if it is NOT accredited. Unfortunately, what should be; rarely ‘is’ when it deals with politics, money or the like. There is a lot of money to be had in Higher Education. Thus it is very, very cut-throat as far as industries go.

So unless people start talking about it and demanding a change, nothing will change, and thus many of you that might elect to go to a Tech School, or some other University for a quick Bachelors or A.A. are going to find yourselves saddled 4 years out with a ton of debt, and completely useless degrees.

I only mention it so that someone reading this is able to evade the financial trap that currently exists, because few people tell younger folks about this most of the time, and so they find out the hard way.

2 Likes

I got my BS from MIT, with a major in Aerospace Engineering. That was difficult. Eleven years later I got an MS in Computer Science from WPI. That was easy, because I was working in the field.

I once had my WoW account stolen. Back then I used the same password for WoW and my email. Since I started using a unique password for battlenet, I’ve had no problem.

Hei der! Er du fra Sverige? :raised_hands:

1 Like