Where Can I Find

any listings of console commands? My old reliables seem to be either totally deprecated or significantly changed. I am speaking of:

Sound_EnableErrorSpeech
UIErrorsFrame

I can see use the sound command with a 0 turns off the System’s Error sound preference… and using a 1 turns it back on. HOWEVER, that USED to be JUST for whatever command follows the 0 with the 1 turning it back on (i.e. the last line of the macro)… now it is on or off ALL the time. No I do NOT want it suppressed ALL the time, just for the run of the macro. Is there any way around this “change?”

Played around with UIErrors, used to be able to just use “Clear” now one has to use “Hide” then “Clear” to suppress text warnings. However, read a post saying that it totally suppresses all red text error messages, again, something I’d rather not do (“Show” can turn them on again, but as before, during the run of the macro, it will ALWAYS use “Show”… I’m just trying to deal only with combat, not everything I do in the game.

Any solutions?

/script SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech", 0) 1 to enable.

I do seem to recall something along those lines… but it doesn’t work… the audio error plays as long as the 1 variant is in the macro (even if it’s the last command run)… so it doesn’t turn it on and off like it used to. But thanks for trying.

For both, it seems Blizz changed it so we can NOT change a variable then change it back in the same macro. Needless to say I am NOT at all happy about this, I see NO reason for them to blithely change something that has worked fine for years…

I must admit, I’m a but mistified as to what you are trying to do or how you believe these CVars “used” to work. As far as I’m aware they, like every other CVar I can think of, are always on/off until explicitly told otherwise via a macro/slash command/addon or through the UI options for those that have them.

Some sort of example and description might help.

/script SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech", 0) -- the rest of your script goes here

Thought I described the issue, I can not turn it off, do some stuff, turn it back on. So:

/script SetCVar(“Sound_EnableErrorSpeech”, 0)
/use trinket proc (no GCD)
/cast spell
/script SetCVar(“Sound_EnableErrorSpeech”, 1)

Audio error will ALWAYS play. For the past 4-5 years, audio error message never played when hitting this kind of macro.

There maybe a more “Macro” way of doing the following but possibly something like:

/script SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech", 0) 
/cast FireBall
/script C_Timer.After(0.05, function() SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech", 1) end)

There is https://wow.gamepedia.com/Console_variables/Complete_list but I don’t see any recent changes. I suppose the sound system functionality has changed in the recent patch 🤷

Ah, thanks for the list… looks like they DO keep it up to date.

I’m now thinking that the issue is not so much the command, but how they are NOW parsing the macro itself. Even trying to reverse the logic and assume they read from bottom up, it still does not do what it has done for the past 3-4-5 years. The irony is that last nights Heroic run, I got a new trinket (between it and a new rank essence, I had to re-arrange my rotation), so I am not so much in need of this right now! BUT the issue remains.