Where are Vanilla Classic players?

i dont plan on playing era because of its age so it doesnt matter

then why are you posting

2 Likes

To enlighten the lie that they are telling about /who.

Do you play?

Why are you replying with no ulterior motive if not?

I’m playing on whitemane now and I have never seen /who report lower than 50 people, except one time in the middle of the night when it was something like 40ish. :expressionless:

Cool. Is the server good enough to play?

Probably not as it’s into it’s 3rd year of p6. Believe it or not, people don’t like that

well right now it’s the only choice we have if we want to play classic vanilla :expressionless:
i agree that we need SoM 2 pronto

1 Like

It’ll come, which is why era won’t be popular ever. Because soms will always be there

I will admit that I did not foresee that even among the classic vanilla crowd there would be a further division between those who have to have it fresh every time and others. However I think among the fresh folk there is a large admixture of flavor of the month folk, who would show up for anything if it were new.

In the end I still stand by the idea of a server or three for the long-term vanilla fans.

believe it or not having the game in a permanent state is the reason some people play it so ur not forced into the next expansion discarding all your gear and forcing you to lvl again

3 Likes

That’s fine brother you can play a server that never ends but your average gamer likes to work through phases with everyone else.

Era players want collectibles and gear. Fresh players want to replay the entire experience on the same level as everyone else

amen brother just please stop lying about us only having 4 players

2 Likes

Sure I can exaggerate less, but nothing is going on beyond the gdkps and RP groups for ubrs. The AH is ridiculous and unwelcoming of new players and the max levels are the perpetrators yet they wonder why nobody rolls era. The price of faps and even low level mats like copper alone is outrageous. Come play era tho?

I did end up making a dude on Whitemane but I was wondering if the SoM servers had people still playing as well? Even while TBC and things were going I really did just end up leveling 1 to 30 repeatedly. It’s my favorite parts of the game I think

2 Likes

Need a new season of mastery or whatever. The best way to play vanilla is by seasons. And all ladders/seasons trail off midway through. It’s healthy and normal. All about the refresh.

My guild (Relax) has on average 10-15 friendly/helpful people on daily on Shadowstrike (Alliance PvE US Eastern).

The guild will stay in Classic Era when transfers from SOM are offered, which is supposed to be sometime between Oct. and Dec.

1 Like

I was curious to see what the population was so I hopped on Sunday 10/2/2022 to /who.

6:00 p.m. EST

PVP (PST) Cluster: 83 Horde/90 Ally
PVE (EST) Cluster: 120 Horde/150 Ally

11:00 p.m. EST

PVP (PST) Cluster: 43 Horde/50 Ally
PVE (EST Cluster: 90 Horde/120 Ally

One Warsong Gulch was going at 11:00 p.m.

Not bad for Classic Era.

1 Like

People using the ClassicCensusPlus addon (which automatically does a /who) are showing pretty good numbers (~1000-3000) people on the connected realms.

Here is the Discord for Classic Era nowadays:

https://discord.gg/Nnv8qgJpC3

Also, here is the current Discord for Vanilla Classic Era these days (Wow Classic Discord is mostly for progression (WotlK) now.)

https://discord.gg/Nnv8qgJpC3

ive got level 60 horde and alliance on both those cluster lemme know if u or anybody needs some help!