When will Medivh/Exodar xfers be available?

Hello,

I’ve been waiting for several days to transfer my former main from Medivh to my current server. I have not been able to purchase a transfer due to the pending server merge, which was scheduled to take place today. Unfortunately, it has been postponed due to technical issues, but the new date hasn’t yet been announced. Despite the delay, transfers are still not available.

Could you give me some idea of what kind of timeframe we’re looking at for transfers becoming available again? I’d like to get my alt caught up a bit before the prepatch, and Medivh has regularly had horrendous lag in Uldum since the last reset, which has made it difficult.

Thanks for any reply, it’s much appreciated!

Transfers will be allowed once the merger been completed unfortunately

I’m afraid I do not have specifics, Feloren. The realm connections were only postponed while the Khadgar issues are being addressed, so they likely won’t be available until those connections are completed.

That is likely to be next week, but I don’t have an official date at the moment. As soon as that is available a post usually goes up in the General Discussion forum as well as a Breaking News.

For any high latency you may be experiencing, assuming it is experienced by other folks in the zone, please be sure to report that as a bug so our QA team can take a look (if you haven’t already).

1 Like

That’s very frustrating to hear, and seems like an unreasonable situation from where I’m sitting, though I assume there are technical reasons for it. It feels a bit like my druid’s being held hostage. :neutral_face:

As far as the lag goes, it’s definitely server-side. There have been several forum posts about it, and another CM has forwarded the matter on to the tech team. People’s pings are steady and reasonable, but we’re seeing up to 20 seconds of input lag. It’s essentially unplayable. Thankfully it doesn’t extend into the Halls of Origination, so I’ve been able to push through the worst of it.

Being able to transfer a character is a perk, not a requirement of the game. Seeing as the character you wish to gear is an alt, you could always start a new character on the server you wish to be on, and either level it or boost it.

1 Like

It’s a paid service, not a “perk.” And I’d rather pay $25 to take my character with his 15 years of history to my guild’s new home, rather than $60 to boost a brand new one. It’s not the end of the world to be sure, just an annoyance. it would be preferable if they could open up transfers until closer to the actual merge date since they’ve postponed (for a week, I assume). I see from other posts that I’m not the only one in this boat.

1 Like