When skinning, it disappears

I’m not sure what’s going on here. I maxed skinning weeks ago. I’m in Zangarmarsh and all of a sudden my skinning ability is not working. I am able to actually do the “skinning”, but the skin disappears before I have the chance to get it. This has been happening all day. I’m in Zangarmarsh (this is where the problem started)… I rebooted my computer, still can’t get skins, so I went to Hellfire Peninsula thinking maybe it was just the area, well I can’t get skins there either.

At this point, I’m not sure what to do. I have done a google search and can’t find anything about it. Is this happening to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanx.

Just wondering what you mean specifically. When I skin, the pelt/mats go to my bags automatically. I don’t click a second time after skinning to gather that stuff.

That said, I wonder if your issue might be UI or Addon related. To rule that out, you’ll want to try a Full UI Reset to see if that helps with the skinning issue. There really shouldn’t be any problem with skinning in those zones if you’ve got it unlocked (which is sounds like you do).

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, I will try the Full UI Reset if I can’t figure this out. I’m terrible at explaining things. When I skin something, I’m able to do the actual “skinning”, but the skin disappears (vanishes) before I am able to put it in my bag… maybe I need to set it up so everything that I loot automatically goes in the bag without me having to click it, that sounds like what you might do?

And you’re right, my skinning is unlocked until I get to Cataclysm, I believe it said level 78 (I could be wrong).

Thanx for responding :slight_smile:

For the auto-loot setting, when in-game press Esc then click on Interface. There should be a check box for “Auto-loot”.

Give that a shot. But it still sounds like something is interfering. Hopefully the UI reset helps!

2 Likes

I went into the game last nite to check if this happened with all my alts… I tried a level 120 and a level 62, both maxed in skinning, both were able to skin just fine. I’m gonna take one of them into Zangarmarsh and see what happens in a few minutes. I’m wondering if this is a addon issue since it isn’t happening to my other alts.

I’ll keep putting my info in here in case someone else runs across the same problem.

Returned to Outland after a long time with a new alt and facing the same issue. Help please.

Did you try the Full UI Reset that I suggested Porashor?

This sort of thing sounds like either a corrupt UI or an issue with an addon interfering in some way.

Do you use a bag organizer like Bagnon? They have been known to “hide” things. I’ve had it make my bank look totally blank. Try disabling addons. If that doesn’t help, reset your UI. If you don’t use any addons at all, just reset your UI.
Resetting the WoW User Interface - Blizzard Support

Zangar has been bugged for a long while now. Quite often, you simply get nothing when skinning a mob. Resetting your interface doesn’t seem to help, so I’m assuming it’s something to do with the particular mobs there, or the entire zone itself. The rest of Outlands doesn’t appear to be affected at all.

i’ve had this happening in areas where my profession is extremely low level.

skinning animation happens, monster disappears, no skin

If resetting your UI doesn’t work, you should be filing a bug report.

Also verify that you have learned Outland skinning from a trainer in Outland.

I personally can’t verify this with skinning, but with herbing, mining and fishing you can do them but just don’t get skill points if you haven’t learned the expansion skill.

1 Like

You haven’t purchased Outland skinning yet, Porashor. You’ll need to do that in order to get skins from that area.

1 Like

Anyone know if this is also the reason why farming nodes disappear once tapped in BFA zones as well?

Like you mine a node and then it says “You can’t do that yet” and the node disappears? I always chocked it up to phasing quirks.

that’s usually because someone else got to it before you, and it despawns

3 Likes