When Raid Leader declines your Sign Up

Hello,

I have not done a lot of dungeons or raids in BFA but my current iLvl is 338 so I’m no longer getting slot improvements from World Quests and I realize if I want much better gear, I need to be going after bosses in dungeons and raids.

What information do raid leaders usually use or have access to when deciding to invite or decline you from a group?

After going to:

Group Finder
Premade Groups
Raids - Battle for Azeroth
Find a Group
Filter: Uldir (Normal)

I usually look for a group that currently has 10 or less DPS (thinking they will want more) then click to Sign Up. That usually results in a “Pending” status, followed a short time later by an Invite or Decline notice — or it expires.

When a Decline notice appears, what is that usually based on? Is the Raid Leader able to see your gear/iLvl or is there somewhere that lists some kind of rating for you or your Raid experience/success?

I’m not griping because I realize group leaders want the most skilled/experienced players they can get but I’m just curious about the process involved.

Thanks

1 Like

Find a casual guild and do mythic dungeons with them . Pugging is annoying or make your own groups.

As for acceptance criteria , it depends . Some people look at classes , some gear level , some raider io

3 Likes

The pug world is all about ilvl unfortunately. Yours is very low for being this late into the tier. Like below normal raiding entry low. Hit 350 and it should be a bit easier, as most people have 30+ ilvl above you right now. Probably just plan ahead for the next tier. Its looking leaps and bounds better than uldir anyways.

1 Like

If you want to get into raiding then you either need to do warfronts, lfr, or mythic 0s since they will help you get to 340. That is the bare minimum people will likely accept you for normal uldir. Likewise don’t expect to get into heroic raids without 355 item level which you get from spamming normal uldir or low-mid level mythic keys. Wqs can help fill in the gaps somewhat, but raiding and dungeons are more reliable at a certain point.

1 Like

Decline is usually done by item level or they look you up in the armory and look at your raid experience or actual gear. If they see WQ gear only and no LFR experience I have seen they will decline you.

Others have answered your specific questions. On the larger point of how do I see more / enjoy more of the game, my #1 recommendation by far would be to find a guild you enjoy being in and raiding with. It is a much, much, much more satisfying experience than doing random pugs every week plus it avoids the whole “raid leader declined me” thing.

2 Likes

If you are having problems finding a good raiding guild check out the forums for your server and see who is advertising, what they are about and if they fit your needs. Some guilds will take you to raids even if somewhat undergeared assuming you are a good player and fit their guild.

1 Like

Usually role, spec (unfortunately, usually in regards to ranged or melee), and ilvl for most groups.

If you’re being declined a lot, make your own group. You may have to wait a bit, but not really any longer than you would sitting in group finder applying for a bunch of groups.

I made an uldir normal run just the other day on an undergeared alt completely by myself and it filled and I was in killing bosses in under 20 minutes.

Thanks for all the replies. A lot of good information here. Multiple comments about finding the right Guild so point well taken.

A few clarifications please:

The pug world is all about ilvl unfortunately. Yours is very low for being this late into the tier.

You’re exactly right. I just got back into WoW (BFA) a few months ago after a two-year hiatus.

Probably just plan ahead for the next tier. Its looking leaps and bounds better than uldir anyways.

Is “next tier” the same as “next expansion” or is it new upcoming content in BFA? And regardless, won’t the same Catch-22 exist but just at a higher level (ie if you want in on better groups/content, get better gear, and if you want better gear, get in on better groups/content)?

If you want to get into raiding then you either need to do warfronts, lfr, or mythic 0s

Warfronts? I obviously missed that one. I see Questing/Dungeons/Raids/Island Expeditions/Battlegrounds/Arenas but nothing about Warfronts. Where/how are they accessed?

lfr?
That’s apparently not “looking for raids” as in “Uldir” (which is what I’ve been doing). Can you be more specific?

Mythic 0s?
With my inexperience, I’ve generally queued for “Normal” rather than “Heroic” and never for “Mythic”. Does Mythic 0s refer to something else?

finding a good rating guild check out the forums for your server and see who is advertising

Thanks, I haven’t thought to look there before.

1 Like

The next tier is the next raid tier, the stuff coming in January as the new patch rolls out.

They’re only available about one week out of the month, approximately, because they go through a four phase cycle. Build resources, run WarFront, Horde builds resources, Horde runs WarFront. You access them from a table near the boat that has our War Effort stuff. Will have a quest indicator when they’re up.

There is an auto queue system similar to the Dungeon Finder system for an easier version of raids. It is available from the LFG tool, but not the premade group section. Since the groups are built by the system, you won’t get declined.

Mythic dungeons can be run with a Keystone to turn them into Mythic +1, or Mythic +10, etcetera. You get better loot and harder dungeons the higher that number goes. Running them without a Keystone is thus called “Mythic 0” by the community.

1 Like

Beat me to it. You saved me some time.

I would straight up deny you because your armory is hidden

that said, I agree with the people who said to join a casual guild that runs normals or is starting to push into heroic. raiding with a guild (that you like) can be a better experience than pugging with strangers you’ll never see again.

2 Likes

Dungeons are completely worthless at normal and heroic for your item level right now. Normals only drop 310, and 325 for heroic. Mythic 0’s drop 340, and are actually fairly easy. People were doing them around 310 when bfa first got launched.

Warfronts give a 340 everytime, and there is a 370 quest reward for completing a warfront each time they come around.

You’re going to have to pursue more difficult content if you want to increase your item level to a pug-acceptable range. That said, a casual guild that raids at times you can make is likely to be a better option. Pugs are for gear, not really for learning fights at this point in the game with the exception of those groups specifically labeled as learning groups.

I’d encourage you to move into heroic dungeons and from there mythic 0s and low mythic+ dungeons (and slowly work your way up the m+ keystones) to improve your gear. Ideally, trying to add people you liked playing with to your friends list so you can try to find a more stable dungeon group might be of use too, so you don’t have to waste a lot of time with pugging everything and hoping to find a group.

1 Like

The zuldazar raid. It looks sweet. Fighting king kong and on a pyramid and stuff. Also shaman might be playable, though still not super fun. And azerite will be ever so slightly more tolerable.

If your goal is to raid i would just wait. I quit this tier only on the 2nd boss. Its barely fun and entirely not worth the effort based on rewards in my opinion.

The zuldazar raid is at least fun. Might have a trinket or 2 worth a dam as well. Maybe lol. Dont hope too hard on that last part.

Didn’t make much pug this expan but for legion I would simply look their logs(I’d use raider io addon to copy paste their name in warcraftlogs). I don’t trust anything but logs with titanforged and people faking achievements.

As for dungeons, mainly raider io but wont just use score depending of what I’m doing. IF i’m only looking to do weekly I’ll look if they did a couple +10 before and if their class would work well with what I already got.

Hmm…I didn’t realize that, but how do you unhide it? I couldn’t find a setting for that?