When is live support chat coming back?

So it’s in time frame, and I checked yesterday too. Live chat services are STILL closed. I cannot contact them.

I was told they are available monday-friday, and the web services says 5:00 am to 3:00 PM PDT, which I am in the time frame for, yet the services are unavailable.

What kind of issue were you trying to speak to them in regards to? I’m showing them as available. They ONLY will do live support chat for billing issues. Nothing else. So if your tickets aren’t giving you the option for Live Chat, then it’s something that must be solved via ticket.

[Edit] Oh, you’re actually the OP. If this is still in regards to the heirlooms, there is nothing to chat about. That isn’t something they can do anything with.

7 Likes

Nah its nothing to do with the heirlooms, Im trying to just see if live chat is working. It’s not lit up for me, it’s completely greyed out. Im using firefox and such as instructed.

I was even given a direct link by a GM to the live support channels, and still cannot use it

Sounds like it’s a browser issue or something on your end then. I just tried pulling it up again and it’s still giving me a one-minute wait time. Again, for a billing issue.

If it’s not for the heirloom, you’re welcome to bring it up here as well and we’ll be glad to try and help. But if it’s for another perceived bug, that’s not for live chat to handle. I just know I saw you mention you use live chat for non-billing issues often, and that’s not why it’s there. That mentality is why we lost the phone options because people used it beyond what it was intended for.

4 Likes

can you give me a link directly to what you use?

I tried even going through transaction failure, and it’s still just blocked out completely.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

That’s a generic link.

2 Likes

And it still says unavailable… am I like… shadowbanned from contacting live support? Because it’s always saying it’s closed for me.

No, this is usually an issue with the functionality being blocked.

Popup blockers, security software - even other software running that use overlays can do it.

1 Like

I dont have any overlays active, im using windows defender, and I disabled all my addblocking software on the website, and it still says it’s unavailable. I even tried on Edge browser, and my phone

Do they not have phones? This is the same issue Im having. AND ALL FORMS! of customer service have basically told me to screw myself. I am currently in Grey out hell. Having 2 day 1 time replies on this open ticket. NO ONE IS HELPING.

They stopped using the contact by phone method a long time ago since people were calling them for things that phone support could not help with. Queues got to the point where people who actually needed the help that phone support offered could not get in to get the help they needed.

4 Likes

They haven’t used phones for over 12 years. When they did have phones people called for all sorts of reasons, often just to chat and queue times were around a week at times.

What is the problem you feel you need online chat for? As noted above, the chat options are restricted to only a couple of types of support.

If you get a response back from a ticket that does not help. there is a link at the bottom of the response to the effect that “I still need help”. Clicking that link will put you in a higher priority queue.

Dissatisfaction with the way heirlooms cross xpac boundaries is not going to be resolved through any sort of ticket, be it online chat or a normal ticket.

Heirloom scaling is a conscious design decision. An in-game suggestion via the help menu is the only way the developers may choose to review that decision but with well over a decade of following that design decision, the chances of it being re-done are slim.

2 Likes

As stated before. It’s not about the heirlooms. I legit cannot get in contact with live support for ANY reason. It’s greyed out permanently.

It will only show as available IF your issue is one that they can help with. If your issue isn’t, then it will not show up for you for any reason. That means it is working as intended and your issue is not one they can assist you with.

edit: I was wrong as the generic link Orlyia gave earlier should give the option to use live chat.

3 Likes

No Jetsum - not through the generic link.

This is something that is blocking.

If you absolutely can’t find the cause - ask for a call-back

3 Likes

Ahh, I did not know that. Thank you for the correction Orlyia :smiley:

I dont know what is causing it at all. I opened a web ticket I guess related to the issue because there is nothing I can do on my end to FORCE live chat to work.

My first suggestion would be to download an entirely new web browser that you’ve never configured nor used prior to now, such as Firefox or Opera, and go from there.

I’ve used edge, firefox, and then on my phone even, tried opera and safari. None of which is giving me access to live support.

You can ask for a callback through a ticket, Talayon.

3 Likes