When do you think blizzard will start enforcing RP names, and will deal with rp griefers?

has there been any examples of guilds or people being forced to name change yet?
or people getting in trouble for griefing on rpers or having xbox gamer tag names?

I have seen several people forced to change their name. Report it when you see it, they will eventually get dealt with.

9 Likes

Don’t announce it either. Report and move on.

8 Likes

Report feedback would be nice, but yeah, I report probably five-ten names a day.

7 Likes

To assist all RPers, over on the E.U. forums, their Rp pvp realm, since they on,y have one, is suffering in a major way. So one idea someone had when you report someone add them to your friends list so you can see that blizzard has changed their name. On the E.U. zandalr reports are already in that blizz is slowly take it action and names are being changed. Don’t give up the good fight for immersion and Rp. Best of luck grobb brothers

7 Likes

Somebody beat me to it but I’ve seen a lot of people flagged for rename. They’re enforcing it. I’m surprised, given how long I ran around Wyrmrest Accord on a toon named Skinflute I thought they weren’t anymore.

1 Like

I’ve only witnessed someone immediately getting disconnected for a name change once. It felt good. But as expressed above, they’re getting around to it. Just be patient.

1 Like

Blizzard will enforce things when people start reporting them. And I do believe a few guilds have had name changes and I know some players have.

1 Like

For me, I look at names and see if it has something that could be part of an RP job, RP title or RP nickname if I question a name. For example on the first day I saw a name “be positive” or something like that, there is no way to explain that as an RP name. I have seen scalper as part of a name. Is that an RP name in of it self or is that a nickname? If they get TRP3 they could include Scalper as part of their RP story. This is why I encourage folks to get TRP3, and use it to write out their RP name fully, and to explain their names, nicknames and titles. Does that stop them from being reported, no, but it gives them a way to explain why they have that name in the first place and may allow them to keep it. I wish we had something like TRP3 built in even if was just for us to write out a name.

For gnomes and undead, their names can be a bit off because of who they are and where they come from. Gnomes are tinkers, and undead are no longer associated with being human so I can over look some of their names. IMO

4 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of scrambled guild names on Grobb.

Report, ignore, move on.

2 Likes

So long as you can even make a case for it, I let it slide. Pop culture references, puns, memes, etc are automatic reports.

1 Like

This 100%.

Was questing in Redridge on an alt and general chat was full of non-rp names.

Keep reporting and be vigilant.

1 Like

if you announce you’re reporting they’ll report you in retaliation and then Blizzard has to sort through false reports to figure out what’s going on

1 Like

When reporting a name you generally should not be announcing that you are reporting their name. It is click report, and state it is not an rp name. I believe it take 20 or more reports for it to be flagged if I remember correctly.
It is not a 1 report and it is done.

1 Like

You mean you don’t love seeing male undead mages bypassing the cross-faction filter calling people racist slurrs and “go to retail”?

1 Like

Xeer’s (almost) Fool-proof Method For Dealing with RP Griefers (in five easy steps!)

1. Whisper the offender (nicely!) to please stop griefing your RP and to remind the offender they are on a RP realm. If they continue to harass you . . .
  2. . . . whisper again (still nicely!), that they are disrupting your RP and this is a RP realm. Should they continue to be disruptive . . .
  3. . . . tell them in /say that they are disrupting your RP and ask them to please stop. Should they continue (because, why would they stop at this point?) . . .
  4. . . . have others in the group you are RPing with say in /say at the person they are disrupting a RP event, that their antics are not appreciated, and to please stop as it is a RP realm. And, should that fail . . .
  5. Open a ticket with Blizzard stating what character/s were griefing your RP, what zone you were in when it happened, the SERVER time it occurred, and briefly describe the above steps you took when trying to solve the situation on your own.

So, why bother with all of these steps when you really shouldn’t have to go beyond step one? Because Blizzard assumes players griefing “don’t know any better” and will likely only give them a verbal warning to stop along with a “ur on a RP realm, silly!” lecture. It also helps whatever admin stuck with dealing with investigating the ability to see more who else was there (super helpful if the offender has stupid alt-codes in their names, too).

By repeatedly telling the offender yourself that not only are they disrupting RP but they are disrupting RP on a RP realm, along with the fact they are also disrupting several other people’s RP experience, Blizzard is far more likely to actually penalize the offender with something substantive.

tldr: Blizz loves their “penalty volcano” moderation system; you can escalate things more quickly if you are patient in the moment.

7 Likes

I disagree. I recommend announcing in trade or general chat that you are monitoring for non-RP names for reporting. Usually, a good, informative community discussion ensues.

or just ignore. then you can go back to RP instead of letting them steal your time and attention. or create private channels for RP and bypass that noise altogether.