When did wow become primarily about competitive gameplay?

It’s not gonna work that way, and you know it. Besides, I can hear it right now, “that’s what Classic Era is for” :pensive:

For real. Leveling up a character is keeping me from playing the game, and this isnt the first time.

Its just so boring. There is 0 challenge and its completely linear. And the story is lame and cringy.

Say what you want about classic. But at least when you first make a toom and start leveling its pretty fun and enganging.

1 Like

I can tell you this, if this games comes to that you have to buy runs (like in Lost Ark) that would be the end, period, for me. Tho looking at lost ark, not only for me but for the remaining playerbase as well.

I will never ever buy a single run or item in GDKP.

1 Like

Apparently the main campaign in TWW only gets you to around level 75 and you have to do side trash to actually hit cap lol.

1 Like

The real question is when did WoW (and every other MMO) become all about End game content?

Back in the day the leveling was the main content.

1 Like

I’d say around 2002.

that’s a slight improvement. But it would be way better if they just didn’t have a main campaign quest at all.

You can still do this, though, and it’s better than it was way back in the day.

Except for the fact the speed to hit cap is still ridiculous. You can hit 80 on the first day and the main quest line only gets you to 75? That’s pathetic in a game that at least claims to be an RPG lol.

FF14 still has like a 300+ hour leveling experience lol.

1 Like

Yea I figured leveling would still be mind numbingly easy.

Bro they should just go full fromsoft one the leveling on expac. Oh you wanna hit max this expac? Get good. Here’s a room full of poison with an elite waiting around the corner to knock you off a cliff.

I might actually play the game if they did that.

Just get rid of leveling. Make everywhere ‘at level’.

2 Likes

Arena, worst thing they ever did, destroyed PvP the way it was implemented.

3 Likes

I’m with this. If they are just going to make it a chore that needs to be done, just get rid of it lol.

3 Likes

True. And I love arena. But the main PVP of WoW should be a 10 man objective based game mode.

Arena shoulda just been a side mode for fun. And for people who happen to have groups of 2 or 3 for their friends.

Yea for real. If you’re not going to make leveling good then just get rid of it.

Leveling is just fine for its intended, casual audience. The people who buy a new expansion every 2 years, play for a month (or less), and then unsub again.

They don’t want a 300 hour leveling experience every expansion.

I am that type of player and you have it completely backwards.

the current leveling system only appeals to mid maxing players who want to get to end game as fast as possible. Casual players are actually perfectly fine dying during questing, that’s all a fair challenge for us.

2 Likes

Agreed. WoW is hardly an MMO anymore. The world doesn’t matter, the leveling doesn’t matter. It’s hardly massive by any stretch of the term. I used to be more excited for expansions because of all the cool new zones we’d get to explore around in, and now it’s just a bunch of on-the-rails questlines with little room for exploration.

1 Like

Back when my ghostsaber meant something.

1 Like

78, and if you do too many side quests you are locked out of the campaign.