When Cata xmog comes out, could it please be like Retail transmog UI?

So, instead of holding on to specific pieces, just save appearances you collect.

OG transmog system is like Win95. It works, sure. But Win10 is simply better.

I see no reason for re-creating this rather old and obsolete restriction.
Cheers.

5 Likes

or just go play retail? high chance they just do som of vanilla/tbc/wotlk and rotate them

1 Like

It makes sense to use the modern UI system for x-mog.

That said, I made the same point about heirlooms but they went ahead with their old system.

This isn’t a question of “when”.

If they do a Cata classic then I’m sure they will overhaul the transmog system too… The whole idea behind Cata was a total system rework to keep up with the times. That philosophy if we get it should remain in place. But it’s also not going to be a true “classic” as they (Blizzard) have stated several times now that they considered Vanilla and it’s two expansions TBC and WotLK as the true classic adventure.

Cata is the total system/world rework…

yeah, because playing through Cata in retail is exactly the same class & content experience as Cata Classic would be…

I doubt it. They will likely leave some Wrath realms behind, but Im afraid same thing will happen as with Classic Vanilla realms - dead.

I’m excited to play Cata. I think it was great.

1 Like

Id rather play Fresh vanilla I think, warts and all, over Cata

1 Like

Cata?? There is no way blizzard makes the same mistake twice right?? Lol

What other option do they have?

1.) Stagnant Wrath Era - zero growth just ever dwindling player base
2.) Wrath SoM - Lose a large chunk of the popular that’s attached to their acquired stuff
3.) Cata Classic - more progression but lose the classic trilogy purists
4.) Develop new content for Wrath - unlikely to happen as it’s just as expensive as new content for retail but at a lot less of a ROI due to the smaller player base

2 Likes

Arent there wrath private servers that have been on the same “phase” so to speak for 10 years?

Wrath era wouldnt be as unpopular as one thinks

I don’t know about classic private servers because they never interested me. I like the phased progression classic has, I started playing classic in the tail end of vanilla when Naxx came out and TBC was unofficially announced.

I suppose Wrath Era would fare better than Classic Era if there was no other competing classic offering.

Yes, that’s true. But I also think that pservers have very little barrier to entry for newer players. There are no sub fees. No commitment. Mane scripting is top notch. Yeah, there is a cash shop for one of the realms, but oh well, there are still other 2 PvE realms without item shop (except for gold/toon sales).

The only real comparison we have is that people have requested Classic Era servers, and yet they were pretty much dead. Only roughly 200-300 people played on there.

I honestly don’t think Classic attracts NEW NEW players.

wrong forums. This is classic wow and there is nothing name Xmog in it fortunately.

He’s talking about classic cata tho

Cata is basically confirmed after their emails that went out. Time to accept it.

No, the retail transmog UI changes how players interact with transmog. It wouldn’t be very Classic like.

Why, when they could keep progressing currenct classic, then down the line start over, they can go full EQ, they did a PoP locked TLP, which is basically their wrath, so blizz could do a wrath locked pserver, but no real reason not to do a full on progression of classic content.

Progression servers are cheap as hell on the business end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.