When can I Fly

I have all the flying achievements and the pathfinder stuff done but I made a new char on a different realm, he is now lvl 20 and I can’t fly with any of my mounts. All of my flying mounts are listed when I open the panel but I can’t fly on any of them. These are in old zones and I am in same region.

You have to buy expert flying which is available at lvl 30. Visit a riding trainer to learn.

1 Like

For a paltry price of 5k gold the sky is yours! Though as I am finding in Shadowlands I cannot fly at this moment even with my flying mount & expert flying purchased. Believe this is intended for the time being, though I strongly suspect this may change after enough fussing transpires.

Expert flying is only 250 gold, which will get you in the sky at 150% speed. No need to spend 5k for master flying (310% speed) until later if you can’t afford it as a new or returning player. It’s not available for purchase until level 40 anyway. :slight_smile:

As far as not being able to fly in Shadowlands zones, it is intended, and they’ve stuck to their guns on the decision for quite a while now. For the last 3 expansions, and now for Shadowlands as well, we are not able to fly in new expansion content upon launch.

For Shadowlands, flying will be unlocking in patch 9.1 after you complete the newly added covenant campaign chapters.

3 Likes