What's your opinion on Voting for Changes like OSRS?

Should we have a voting system like OSRS that require super-majority 70%/60% to pass changes? So we can vote to change AV to be more fun, or vote to restrict flying if Burning Crusade comes out or any future content. Maybe require a large portion on both factions and all classes/races?

6 Likes

I don’t even think classic has a dedicated dev team assigned to it and even if they do, they definitely aren’t interested in discussions with the community like the Jagex team or else we would’ve seen consistent posts and responses to the complaints on the forums by now.

8 Likes

I don’t trust you to vote on where to order lunch.

21 Likes

1.We dont have a good enough dev team for this

2.Even if we did, this toxic community would find a way to ruin it

14 Likes

No!

4 Likes

I’ve reached a point that I don’t care. Yall are gonna keep asking for changes even if Blizzard came out tomorrow and said there would never be anything past what they released.

2 Likes

lmao at number 1

Take a look around this subforum and read peoples opinions… Do you honestly think you want the community to decide what should be put in or not?
It would be a complete disaster lol

8 Likes

I want to see an attempt at it, at the very least. OSRS is probably the best MMORPG in the market right now and they didn’t do it by being cowards and not attempting anything.

I read the forums a lot. I have seen the suggestions coming from the player base. No thank you.

7 Likes

I trust the average classic player even less than a trust the average activision* suit

3 Likes

Well and even if 70% said yes on something the other 30% would just spend all day fussing about the 70%. Vote or not it’s not going to change anything.

Can we vote for faction queues so world pvp would be fair?

1 Like

No thanks, don’t need the retail trash ruining the game.

1 Like

No because not everyone will vote or care. Classic ain’t perfect, but it’s good enough without changes.

We were scared as hell before introducing changes to OSRS.

What we found out is that the average player is much more rational and aware of what makes the game good than the average forum poster.

If Blizzard has faith in their playerbase great things will be achieved.

3 Likes

No. Because players are not game designers. This is not and should not be a democracy. The only vote you get is with your wallet.

Based on the betas over the last several years I don’t get the feeling they have a whole lot of faith in what the players tell them.

1 Like

No.

Especially, but not limited to, since: you do realize that not everyone who has a subscription actually plays Classic at all, right? Whatever the number of people who subscribe for Modern (whether they actually play it or not) going, “I’d try out that stupid retro thing if it had some sensible modern changes, like the dungeon queue and not needing to actually track down flight paths and leveling being fast enough to ignore everything but raids,” I don’t want them saying that to suddenly have weight.

No. Not authentic. Should not happen. Leave classic alone. If you’re asking for changes you will be probably be quiting soon anyways.
Retail has all your changes. In a few short months it will be capped at 60. Wait for it.