What's your hot take?

blood elf best race.

Neiher Vulpera nor Elves should ever be playable races.

1 Like

DF went too far in the other direction compared to SL with regards to systems, grinds, and so called “chores.” Aside from the lowest tier cosmetics of the expansion, there is no reason to engage beyond what is explicitly needed for sparks. I do not understand what was engaging or rewarding about hunts, soup, seeds, or blooms. The absolute best parts of this expansion outside of instanced content were Cobalt Assembly and the Black Dragon Cloak. Unfortunately those grinds were small and the rewards were quickly made outdated.

1 Like

I definitely would like to see something like this again.

Cobalt Assembly was fun as hell. Or at least, the funnest way to do a grind.

1 Like

Skinny Kul tiran humans with the right customization options would be way more popular than Earthen.

1 Like

The Scarlet Crusade is not inherently evil and deserves redemption. Inner corruption sullied their good intentions and warped good people into fanatics, and Sally Whitemane should not have been made into a horseman.

2 Likes

Players aren’t honest about their limitations, be they gaming skills or social skills/availability, and people would be so much happier if they were honest about what their actual lane in the game was.

Example: M+ isn’t intended for PUGs.

(and yes, I agree OP, M+ was potentially just bad for the game in general, but you called that one already)

Can you PUG M+? Yes, of course, it’s fully supported, but as an outsider looking in, it’s always been plain as day to me that “I… can’t herd my group of fellow older gamer friends into groups of 5 on a regular basis, so that content isn’t for me.”

And yet… there’s a thriving M+ PUG “scene” that sounds so effing miserable, where people sit in a decline/leaver vortex and discussions about class balance go to die because WoW will never be agile enough to not have a clear and obvious meta (SHAMANS WERE 30% OUT OF WHACK THIS WEEK ON THE PTR AND NEEDED THAT BIG OF A BUFF) and so clearly, obviously, the answer is to run this with real, honest to goodness socially accountable friends that will enjoy each other’s company and see their ceiling as “welp we stop here, see y’all next week” not “THAT CLASS IS WRONG source: this link!”

Delves and “relevant heroics” are being put in to give M+ PUGers somewhere to go because, again, the devs won’t tell you not to PUG M+… but it’s absolutely implied by the mode’s very design since day 1: “Run this with friends!”

Lawful evil is less destructive and more peaceful than lawful good, because lawful good inevitably fails to counter chaotic evil. That is the dark truth of the Crusade. In spite of all their evil deeds, in the end their goals would have been the better choice.

Not so hot take, unless you work for Blizzard: The storytelling almost gets there, then takes the most vanilla Disney-esque route instead of something that is hard to argue was wrong, but is definitely morally gray.

Uncorrupted Arthas did nothing wrong.

1 Like

Raids shouldn’t reward any character power.

Hey Jude…don’t be insane.
They are bad folk, and need to be put down

I’m kidding, i just like how your name reminds me of a song from one of the best bands ever.

2 Likes

They need to redo textures on mountains and terrain in old worlds. Now that dragonriding is a thing everywhere you can see how ugly these hills and mountain range peaks look with their 16+ year old textures.

1 Like

DF has literally nothing to do but raids and m+
Can’t even say arena anymore cause 1hr queues lol

It’s an expac made for raid loggers like preach and they don’t even play!

Hot take: WoW has zero content.

2 Likes

The only reason anyone does mythic plus is they’re feeling forced to due to Blizz adding strong gear and mounts as motivation for doing it. If the gear wasn’t as good or better than LFR gear and didn’t award mounts for keystone nobody would touch it except people after achievments involving it

1 Like

Is it though? There are a lot of years left of life once your kids get here, in most cases.

1 Like

The best ones.

2 Likes

I think two interconnected things:

• That content difficulty shouldn’t come down to high amounts of coordination between a group, and instead on individual success or failure at executing the content, and,
  • That people should be able to automatically queue up to the highest levels of content. If those groups fail, oh well! Something tells me they’ll figure it out, though.

I’m real tired of having parasocial relationships being forced on people as a retention measure.

• That content difficulty shouldn’t come down to high amounts of coordination between a group, and instead on individual success or failure at executing the content, and,

Yea, people individually mess up, so you collectively fail.

There aren’t that many group wipe mechanics.

• That people should be able to automatically queue up to the highest levels of content. If those groups fail, oh well! Something tells me they’ll figure it out, though.

Against Blizz design philosophy.

1 Like

In my mind, anything that requires enough coordination to require voice comms or a guild group to call out the actions of individuals or groups of people would be right out.

I mean, this isn’t the “what are your widely accepted takes” thread. If there is some kind of “design philosophy” that says that there’s some intrinsic value in making people manually put together groups that they often don’t have any more scrutiny over than an automatic queue I’m saying it’s bunk, and they shouldn’t.

Apparently since it hasn’t already been done…

Allowing Cross-Faction queueing in LFG. We can go through hoops to do it in PvP(when it works…).

Let me play with my friends who prefer opposite faction races… Already have so few of them playing the game now and we can’t even queue LFR together to farm things… How ridiculous is that…

What’s the hold up ? Is this an actual hot take on this matter ? Or this would have happened by now it seems.

1 Like

My hot take? Ray Spruance was robbed, and should have been promoted to Fleet Admiral.

1 Like