Whats your flaw?

So I was curious no one is perfect (if you are teach me) but what kind of character flaw either it be physical, mental or magical does your rp character have.
It could be anything their nose is crooked, they have one eye brow, weak shins, they have a foot fetish, maybe they talk to plants but the plants don’t talk back, they love to eat chocolate chip cookies daily, they got bees for knees!

Anything you can think of!

Hmm… Depends on if you find, or would classify, these habits as “flaws”.

Cail loves his old hickory fisherman’s pipe. He inherited an old ivory pipe as well, but the hickory pipe is his. He didn’t whittle it himself, rather it was made for him, and gifted to him long ago by someone very special. It’s one of the few objects that’s precious to him and he’s fastidious about the pipe’s care and maintenance. It’s something he smokes often, usually by himself or in appropriate locations. It’s certainly not an addiction, but it is a habit. He misses it when he’s forced to go without a smoke, but he doesn’t go through mood swing withdraws or anything of the sort.

He likes to drink. Not to get drunk, but he does enjoy a light buzz now and then. Enough to ease the worry and lighten the spirit. Cail enjoys the taste of a good Whisky while he relaxes, and sometimes while he smokes. He also likes a good thick Lager when he travels, especially when he’s out fishing for long periods.

As way of character flaws, well, he’s presumptuous. He believes in the goodness of people and is willing to help out when and where he see’s he’s able, regardless if his aid is asked or not. He’ll simply pick up and start doing, presuming he’s being of aid, regardless if he actually is or not. He’s apt to remain silent and observe when he’s in a public or otherwise unfamiliar situation, gauging if getting involved is really necessary. He doesn’t hold a high or important opinion of himself. He just enjoys what he does and he’s good at it, usually.

Spend enough time with him and you may get a peek behind his usually cheery mask. Privately he’s actually quite serious, even dour. He’s very much a grumpy tired old Gnome, but honestly enjoys playing to the grandfatherly troupe when the chances arise.

Buried deep below it all, I suppose, his work with the Shadow/Void has brought out a cruel, cold, merciless streak in him. It’s not something he’s proud of, and certainly not something he enjoys. It’s something he’s learned to come to terms with however, recognizing that to some degree that streak has always been there. He’d just learned to hide it in his youth and focus on being a good natured, kind hearted individual. It was a darkness that he’d been able to deeply bury. His knowledge and fairly liberal use of the Shadow only brought it out. The Void would later spur that side of him onward, amplifying that negative nature until he learned how to wrestle back his self control. Reclaim his dignity and attain a mastery of himself. Thankfully, it was a time of solitude where he wasn’t around anyone close to him that he might hurt or that would witness that struggle; and also that he had a strong ally to help guide him through that period.

It’s a darker side of him that few rarely ever get to see.

2 Likes

Mahli’ficia’s interest for enchanted and powerful swords is only matched by her mediocrity at actual swordfighting.

You might think this would not be a problem when she had a six-armed blademaster of a shivarra demon at her beck and call, but after said shivarra broke the third irreplaceable relic of a sword there is absolutely no way Mahli’ficia is ever lending that demon another blade.

Besides, they’re like dagger sized to her minion anyway; that nether spawn has no reason to keep asking!

2 Likes

Can shyness and nervousness be a flaw?

This is kind of seeping into all of my characters… because I’M so nervous about RPing with others, lol

I’m like… ‘oh god, someone is finally talking with me! What do I do? Ahhhhh!’ And then 5 min later, I realize that my character has been babbling about nonsense boring stuff (again, probably due to being nervous, lol) >.<

2 Likes

Cybil “not sure why girls obsess over things like shoes…” walks by weapon shop “omg i want that one and that one and… What! A girls gota accessorize!”

2 Likes

I’m so pretty it’s like a disease cause everyone either hates me or wants to screw with me and this is an acceptably disadvantageous flaw.

Ps You might not believe it but perfection does exist

ohohohoo

2 Likes

I’d also make a joke about my name being flawless but I’d be breaking Forum coc

1 Like

Benedikt is actually quite vain in regards to his appearance, at least for an undead. He appears about as intact and groomed as is inhumanely possible. In fairness part of it’s due to his use of Light magic which makes him painfully aware of any growing decay. But careful observers will note he seems to act abnormally visicious toward any attacker who deals significant damage to his face. Likewise his civilian wardrobe contains many an immaculate and opulent outfit.

If pressed on either habit he will explain that as someone who frequently represents the Forsaken in dealings with the living these appearances are necessary for his work. This is a half truth at best but he lies as much to himself as he does the questioner.

A lot of this is due to his humble beginnings in Strahnbad. While he was better off than most children- he certainly never starved at least - he was always quietly jealous of the nobility his father served. Undeath can change a lot about a person but some things, like a petty and childish desire for flamboyant finery, die hard.

1 Like

Tunnel vision rage & impulsive

1 Like

After my characters rebirth as a deathknight she spent allot of time trying to find a way to restore her human characteristics.
She has a debilitating sweet tooth and a consistent urge to hug.

2 Likes

Kaesiris is addicted to cheating in any game of chance.

Not in an endearing “oh you lovable rogue” way. More in a “even though my poker opponent has reflective mirrors for glasses I still found myself slipping an ace up my sleeve before our match.”

All his dice are loaded, except for a set that he deliberately keeps to prove they are not loaded. All his card decks have marks that only he can see. All his “flipping” coins are double sided, except a pair that serve the same purpose as the aforementioned dice.

Doesn’t matter if he can win fairly, he will still hear that little voice telling him to pull the card out of his sleeve when they aren’t looking.

Behind that is of course a fear of losing control. Cheating is the one way he can ensure that he always has some level of control.

1 Like

Karax is married so most of his flaws from before marriage were polished “kindly” by his mate. However, he still retains this quirk about loathing harpies to the point of not even bearing the presence of Aviana. Since she’s not his Loa, being forced to bend the knee to her and technically tolerating the presence of the Druids of the Talon, is a hard feat of self-restraint for him, and can only be placated by leaving him to kill swats of harpies about Val’sharah and Highmountain until he gets his fill in blood. That enters in conflict with his ideals of Balance, but he shrugs that off by saying that harpies are already upsetting the balance globally, and their cursed matron does nothing to stop them.

Add to that the fact that his Loa is generally “frowned upon” by other Zandalari druids, specially Raptari, to the point of being called an heretic. In light of that he prefers the embrace of the wilds to the walls of the city, as it does his Hunter mate.

He never tasted the meat of a kodo until he left Zandalar and it remains his personal favourite meal, even forgetting his oath towards Balance and hunting any kodo that crosses his sight. That obviously gets him many detractors, like the Tauren who wishes to preserve their wilds and hunt only if needed, or Orc kodo riders, who adamantly keeps rejecting Karax’s requests to purchase their caravan animals to make BBQ with them.

Also he has a deep disrespect for the Alliance, so that could be seen as a flaw from Alliance’s PoV. Overall he’s a good guy once you get to know him, and as long as you don’t disrespect his Loa.

1 Like

They each have differentt ones.

Arabarena is a card hustler and fundamentally impulsive. She also has a hair trigger temper.

Drahliana has an addiction to Winterspring FIrewater, she’s clean at the moment but has been purposely avoiding the area because of it. She’s also prejudiced against the other elven races of Azeroth, in particular the Blood and Void Elves. She’s not particurlarly fond of the Highborne but recent sacrifices among those that were repatriated to Darnassus have softened her opinion of them.

1 Like

Zen’Kisin has a personal hangup about strangers seeing his face. This is a hold over from his time hiding from Zalazane’s mind slaves on the Echo Isles. He came to equate being seen as being in danger and though he’s definitely improved on this hangup over the years he hasn’t been able to completely overcome the sensation. The mask helps him stay calm when working with people face to face as while they still see him they don’t see him exactly.

Being in his animal forms also helps with this as he feels at his strongest when in a wild shape. He just also recognizes that most of the time you need to be in a humanoid form to interact with people. Shop keepers don’t like bartering with tigers after all.

The mask also hides the fact he’s easily flustered. He can be pretty shy and gets embarrassed easily.

Early on this was so bad he actually wore a second mask under the first on the off chance something knocked the first mask off. Now he only sometimes does that! Progress.