What's your favorite battle pet and why?

Would be interesting to know which pet people like the most and have the most fun with.

I know you sometimes have to select the proper pet in order to match your opponent, but which pet always makes you smile when you bring him to battle?

1 Like

I love using my Willy as often as possible-
not weak to my attacks? MAKE THEM WEAK

also a new favourite is Leviathan Hatchling, what an overlooked pet.
soaks up dots and undead attacks like a pro
then slows the enemy team, also destroys sunlight teams

Nibbles also a personal favourite, dispel & dodge are so fun to use.

1 Like

It will always be the Feline Familiar. Even though I’m a dog person (still waiting on a Doberman or Black Lab pet), something about a cat riding on a broom always gets me, And he’s a sneaky good battler, especially vs Flyers.

2 Likes

Emerald Proto Whelp is my go-to pet against magic & flying pets. Have 3 of them, all P/P. I’v named them Good, Bad & Ugly :slight_smile: When I don’t know what to expect in a battle, I just pull out all 3. Mostly works out.

Also love my Xu-Fu. Hits critters like a truck. Amazing for disposing low level battles.

1 Like

My fav pet to have following me is mr wiggles cause I named him bacon.

1 Like

My favourite, looks-wise, is Thistleleaf Adventurer.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=99389/thistleleaf-adventurer.

He flies along behind you on his own Enchanted Fey Dragon.

He’s a pretty rare inclusion in the Val’sharah cache. - Not the special supplies cache, just the guaranteed reward one, so it’s worth going back to Val’sharah when it’s up just for the chance.

1 Like

I did the 5K pvp achievement off the back of the s/s Nightshade sproutling. Its not very good anymore (I have read) in the current meta, but it was a godsend against the graves/murk teams I faced when I was active in pvp.

It will always be my fav pet for that.

4 Likes

This is one of my favorites and still does fairly well for me as long as I don’t go against too fast of a team.
Another of my favorites is the purple puffer. So underrated, but very versatile. Good against fast or slow enemies.
For just following me around, I can’t go wrong with Uuna. Love her. And when I’m playing this toon Feline Familiar is my go-to, for all-to-obvious reasons. :slight_smile:

In the old days, I LOVED to play Willy. This was before Rot and he had Dark Simulacrum – for those who don’t know, he had this ability to copy an ability from an opponent. It was so much fun I didn’t even mind losing if I got to play that ability in a fun and opportune way.

2 Likes

they’re so expensive x(

Direbeak Hatchling: iron skin, flock, predatory strike. It’s quite strong, you don’t see any new players with them and you have the little toys to accessorize them.

1 Like

One of my favorites has to be the Blind Rat. Catches a lot of people off guard with the big damage it can do for such an unassuming little pet.

1 Like

My favorite has got to be the Guardian Cub:

He is a cute little fella who is always smiling! However, his best feature is the various idle animations he cycles through. One of my favorites is occasionally a golden little fly will buzz around the cub’s head as he tries to clumsily and unsuccessfully paw at it before playfully tumbling over. He will also stretch his wings and yawn every so often as well as occasionally give his very best attempt at a mighty roar. He will follow you around on all fours while just running around normally, but will start flying after you at low hover once you mount up (both ground & flying) so he doesn’t get left behind :slight_smile: . If you stay put while mounted he will eventually get bored and start show off with some mid-air acrobatics.

The only other pet that I am overly fond of is Lil’ Ben’fon:

He doesn’t have many animations other than a silly waddle while following you but is just so ridiculously adorable. Definitely one of cutest / most unique pets you actually obtain through game play instead of just going straight to the cash shop in my opinion.