What's Your Best Tip For Hardcore?

I’ll go first.

WoW Classic uses layers to help spread out large population of players and prevent any one area of the world from becoming overloaded, which would degrade the play experience. Each layer is a full copy of the entire game world, to provide a sense of continuity with the players around you. When you’re on the same layer as another player, you might see that person repeatedly, in different zones and at different levels, because you’re both on the same layer. The way layering works for groups is fairly straightforward: if you invite someone to group with you and you’re on a different layer than they are, they will be moved from their layer to yours. Thus, when grouping up with someone else on a Hardcore realm, always expect that you’re about to change over to their layer, and be very careful about where you position yourself.

Don’t ever join a group while standing in a cleared murloc camp, or you might find yourself getting viciously mrrrgled.

31 Likes

Never go AFK. Ever. Anywhere.

Just don’t do it. It’s always better to log out and know for sure that your character is safe.
If you really want to hang out in guild chat while AFK, make an alt for that and park them in the city.

In the bank, preferably. Maybe inside the vault, if possible.

23 Likes

Don’t get impatient.

if the easy mobs are camped, the bottom of the cave might be less crowded…but there’s a reason.

10 Likes

My turn!

Be careful of spell casting enemies, their spells can be surprisingly powerful even when they’re at the same level as you. Use line of sight to your advantage. :eyes:

19 Likes

If you Panic, You Die.

7 Likes

The caves in World of Warcraft can give some unique experiences. Feelings of seclusion, trapped behind enemy lines, enemies alerting their friends to your presence, battling a large group of powerful enemies…

I don’t recommend seeking out these feelings in Classic Hardcore.

25 Likes

There aren’t many quests worth going for if it’s dangerous.
Personally, as a rogue I think if you are thinking about going anywhere somewhat dangerous around level 20, DON’T GO!
Wait until 22 when you have distract and more importantly, VANISH!

12 Likes

Do not just run up to the UC elevators or even the Tauren lifts… if they drop in that split second before you get there, you drop… and you die!

24 Likes

For Horde, regardless which zone you level up in, go to Durator and complete the quest A Solvent Spirit which will reward you really sticky glue … even if you’ve out levelled the quest

It will save your life on many occassions

15 Likes

Don’t auto run near the elevator in UC.:cry:

8 Likes

Don’t Die! :wink:

3 Likes

Make friends and help people. We are all in this together!

28 Likes

Get a backup battery power supply for your rig and router.

14 Likes

Be wary of mobs with snares, (orcs spiders nerubians etc) if you’re not a mage/Druid/pally and 2 of them aggro you’ll be in an infinite cc chain.

4 Likes

Beware of skull rock.
Beware.

I’m also happy Blizzard people genuinely seem to enjoy hardcore and know a lot about it. You guys play! That’s awesome.

7 Likes

Death is inevitable. Don’t let it ruin your real life.

Dying in HC hurts the further in you get. Even a level 6 death to trolls can set you back a bit. That’s ok! Learn from your mistakes, make adjustments and try again.

12 Likes

When you’re horde, and need to venture to badlands for the first time, you will inevitably have to go through a tunnel with dwarf guards patrolling. They will likely go after you.

Do not hit them back. You will get pvp flagged – unless Blizzard changed this.

They don’t have any CC so you won’t get hamstrung or anything. Just run.

Edit: they do have a slowing CC. :flushed:

4 Likes

No caves, keeps, ships, towers, or elites.
Always always always run. Yes, you can almost for sure save it, but just run.

4 Likes

what if i want to what if my mom is dragging me off the pc

1 Like