What's up with this Chromie kat?

i decide to knock the dust of this shaman and level him to 60. I see there is a 50% bonus for Timewalking experience in Cataclysm… sweet bro. I run to chromie… pick cataclsym… follow him to the Warchief’s command board click on him… He rambles on about something then disappears. Ok… so i figure there is no classic cataclysm timewalkingand no sperate mission to port here or there to start timewalking quests. I guess everything in Kalimador and Eastern Kingdoms counts as Catacylsm. The command board nows has a yellow ! so I click on the command board and start doing some Eastern plague lands quests.

cool. after 5 levels it hits me i’m getting around 6000 xp for the standard , “run around and collect X amount of buffalo butt parts” quests. It seems kinda low considering i’m also getting a 50% bonus. I hearth to my garrison fly around and pick up some random Shadowmoon Valley quest that i never completed. It gives me 9000 xp. WTH mang?

Who is messing with me? That handsome son of a gun Chromie or BLizzard?

That’s incorrect. Cataclysm leveling content is localized in a few places:

• Mount Hyjal
  • Vash’jir
  • Deepholm
  • Uldum
  • Twilight Highlands

The first two in that list are the starter leveling zones with cookie crumb quests from the command board.

The rest of the map is pre-Cataclysm content so not level-shifted if you’re timewalking Cataclysm specifically. (Except for quests from Cataclysm quest chains that take you into those zones.)

so i just fly Mt Hyjal and grab a quest? No quests in Mt Hyj.

I Went back into reg time. Re-clicked CHromie…chose cat … he sends me to the warboard. Warboard only has Azshara, Felwood, and Shadowmoon valley. I click on Badlands… it sends me to Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands.

Headed there now…