Whats this BIG REVEAL? thing i keep hearing about?

Imagine being hyped for a beta of a subpar version of the game that you were able to play 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Tells you how bad the current game is imo

4 Likes

BfA on its worst day is miles ahead of vanilla

2 Likes

Not if you are an mmoRPG player.

2 Likes

I am a MMORPG player.

I prefer BFA over Vanilla.

Edit: For clarification, if you prefer Classic over Vanilla that is absolutely fine. I don’t care. I sincerely hope you enjoy your time there.

But pretending that Classic has the monopoly on MMORPG play is just silly.

2 Likes

Big news:
WoW Classic Beta comes out tomorrow

WoW Classic launches August 27th

WoW Anniversary includes:

Classic Collector’s Edition:

Ooooo, pretty.

Well, actually…

For additional clarification about the Classic beta, while it does start tomorrow…its not open.

Classic WoW Testing Schedule

Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

STRESS TEST SCHEDULE*

• Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
  • Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
  • Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19

*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battlenet Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Why the hate? Its okay to like classic.

3 Likes

Lol @ classic beta testing. Beta testing a 15 year old version of the game…

Sorry but Classic is definitely nothing like BFA. They’re two totally different things. It’s like comparing apples to oranges.

Then go talk about it in the Classic forums. I’m tired of endless spam about a version of the game I stopped caring about in 2007.

Um yeah? The point is beta testing a 15 year old version of the game. There are no new dungeons to see first, no new quests to see first, no new abilities to try out first, no new raid encounters to practice on first, this is 100% doing Blizzard quality assurance for free.

1 Like

oooh rideable Deathwing? do want

Right. I agree the classic discussion should stay in its appropriate area (to keep haters and lovers seperate), but the thread itself wasnt made specifically about classic originally (technically), and theres a few announcements today to discuss like the anniversary stuff.

If you see threads in the wrong section or spam then report it so it can be brought to the attention of the mods.

1 Like

It is also about today’s announcement which included classic, anniversary event, and the new collector’s box. So it doesn’t even belong in classic.

I just dont want to see the hate start up again where everyone is at war because one side loves cilantro and one side hates it, and yeah theres a few things to discuss today.

Personally… I am not that excited by the anniversary mount and I cant figure out why.

This is accurate.

I am thinking they moved the level cap to 40 or 50 maybe. I doubt 60. Too soon. Blizzard will drag the streamers over hot coals before they give them access to faster mounts. From what I saw, most the streamers are mostly broke. I had a couple hundred gold by the time I dinged 20 on any class in vanilla just by selling copper ore on the auction house. These guys obviously did not play in vanilla. I was watching one of them trying to figure out how to get gold so he could buy some piece of armor for his plate wearing toon yesterday. He was an idiota. He obviously never played in vanilla.