What's the Point of Lore Compendiums?

Windchime in legion almost ruined the light for me. Same with illidan is the good guy retcon junk.

Should’ve left him dead at black temple.

It says that is on page 23.

Sadly the Chronicle series was always just a cash grab, with no actual influence or information relevant (in the long term) towards the lore of WoW itself.

Blizzard has been extremely inconsistent over the decade with WoW lore, and they will rewrite anything to fit the ‘rule of cool’. I am (slowly) coming to accept that such a thing as consistence and internal narrative, just isn’t important to their vison of WoW.

As someone who is primarily a Role-Player, lore is my biggest draw to WoW. It’s getting harder and harder with each expansion to remain interested in the property.

/sad

:four_leaf_clover:

Do you have the digital version, or the hard-cover? I’m reading from the Hard-cover First Edition published in March 2016, and written by Chris Metzen, Matt Burns, and Robert Brooks.

Page 23 for me is Sargeras and Aggramar and the Will of the Void.

Sorry, it was entry 23 on page 57, so you did quote it. Like I said I am at work and couldnt check.

1 Like

Yes. Like Malfurion is NOT the first Druid!

1 Like

Wowpedia makes assumptions over vague statements.

The Wowpedia trivia should be changed from “It was previously stated” to say “It was previously implied” as that is more accurate.

The statement of “The few Val’kyr who still had nobility in their souls dedicated themselves to watching over the physical world, and from within the Shadowlands, they would occasionally guide the dead back to the realm of the living.” should be prefaced with the words “The Chronicle states that:”

This has pretty much been a huge problem since TBC.

The pinnacle of which was WoD and there really being no reason to care about the lore anymore.

My first thought when I read this was ‘money.’

Granted upon further thought I’m not so sure if my cynicism is entirely accurate here.