What's the point of Frostfire Bolt?

I’m in a guild of 900+ and the vast majority go between Retail and SoD. Be careful with this high amount of copium that you’re huffing.

The only reason classic was even remade was because of retail players…oh wait. no.

but isn’t it literally worse than the other versions of the spell because it doesn’t work with talents that effect frostbolt or fireball, so you can’t get the cast time reductions so its literally less damage and .5S slower?

I think FFB and SFB are meant for hybrid frost builds. It is a slower cast than FB, but it will crit 40% harder because of ignite. Once people can go deep frost and dip into other trees, it should see more use.

But with frost mage being in their current state, there’s no use for SFB or FFB

Maybe I’m wrong, but can’t you actually use FFB if you’re locked from fire school?

Anyways, there is a reason why people had a FFB build in WOTLK Classic, you have access to some talents from the frost tree and buffs from frost damage.

I think so. Also did you see the balance changes? +50% base damage to FFB and SFB AND both have increased SP scaling.

Aka spellfrost will scale the same as imp frostbolt and spellfire like imp fireball.

Good News Mage Brothers

50% base damage buffs for Frostfire and Spellfrost Bolt incoming soon

1 Like
2 Likes

Thank you for your service Sgt :saluting_face:

The daily frost mage posts worked!

1 Like

Congrats you got the spell buffed, good post

They will continue until Ice lance and FoF bug are are addressed!

I am happy though, this means they are looking at Frost!

1 Like

This isn’t classic+ yet though, this is an experiment and not final. Whining about how classic feels like retail is crazy, just have fun.

I believe the spellfrost and frostfire are solutions to deal with frost/fire immune mobs for those fire/frost specs.
Warlocks may just get the same treatment next phases when their fire damage becomes either fel fire or shadow fire damage.

Frostfire bolt is meant to be used with Brain Freeze Rune, in a deep frost build, not a spammable spell

As far as i can tell about spellfrost bolt, it’s a nice way to dump arcane blast stacks when you are soloing an elite, and self healing with regeneration.

1 Like

WoW I bet you know way more than the WoW devs, just WoW. I bet they have 0 idea what they are doing and nothing planned. Everything in the game should be 100% awesome and viable right now, even though there are other mage runes for the same slot that are amazing. WoW.

Same.
After all, I have also leveled a warrior.

This and Spellfrost Bolt should just be books instead of runes.

2 Likes

Yeah if we’re never going to use these spells in raids, then only thing I can think of is having them used for certain mob farming that were immune to a class of your magic spells you’ve mainly talented in, but you can still benefit from talents using spellfire or frostfire maybe.

Molten Core.

I think the biggest oversight (or intentional balance) is the frostfirebolt and spellfost bolt are not affected by talents and abilities the trigger frostbolt or fireball

Fire mages are mostly scorching as filler with LB and LF as dots and only pyroing when hotstreak procs, very few fireballs get cast because the risk of having ignite fall off in 10 mans is too high

1 Like