Whats the difference between LF Draenei and Normal ones?

I ask this as I don’t really see a difference. That being said, Why was there an uproar in LF draenei becoming DKs yet regular ones is fine?

The Normal ones are also closely connected to the Light as well. I mean they have that racial, “Gift of the Naaru.”

Help me understand.

Basically, Lightforged Draenei were rebuilt with the Light infused all up in there bodies. Like if you cut a lightforged draenei, you’d be blinded by pure light shooting out of the wound (not literally but I hope you get the idea).

Regular Draenei are just crazy devout. Their bodies are still the same meat bags everyone else has.

The thing people didn’t/don’t understand is that if the Light is capable of protecting a regular Paladin from the Plague of Undeath and such things, then a being literally made of Light shouldn’t be able to to become undead, let alone a Death Knight.

7 Likes

I don’t know…I figured the reason why they are called “lightforged” was hanging out with Xe’ra as long as they did. But the lightforged/empowered-ness left them when Illidan blew up Xe’ra…you see it leave Turalyon…

Guess I am wrong on that?

You see in their Allied Race quest that there is a whole ritual that turns them into Lightforged. Xe’ra being dead doesn’t appear to have affected anything about it.

8 Likes

Lightforged Draenei do have a racial where when you die, you explode in a giant ball of light, dealing damage to nearby enemies. We also see a recruit become a lightforged which is set after the campaign on Argus.

Unfortuantely, that racial seems to be suspended for PVP.

The Lightforged Draenei are infused with the Light to the point it becomes part of their biology.

As seen through the Allied Race Recruitment Scenario they use the Forge of Aeons that reinforces their mind, body and soul with the power of the Light after facing their inner demons. Think of it as them being injected with pure Light.

Uh… um… that’s a whole load of assumption right there if I’ve ever seen one.

Is it? I am pretty sure last time I saw my LFD explode it healed and damaged people in the BG I was in.

2 Likes

Xe’ra incidentally was able to infuse Illidan with Light when leaving her mark on him in the Illidan Novel despite Illidan mentally noting that Light Magic usually harms him…

The shades of Light used by the Draenei of Draenor and the Humans may react negatively with Fel and Death yet Xe’ra’s purer shade of Light clearly doesn’t have the same effect.

What’s in the impure shades of Light that reacts so violently to Death and Fel while the purer shades have no effect?

The problem here is that, upon death, it should stand to reason that the Light leaves their bodies. Like turning off a lightbulb. Hell, even their Racial shows that the Light leaves their bodies with such strength that it is able to heal allies and damage enemies.

Lightforged Death Knights wouldn’t make sense because:

A) Bolvar is raising them, ̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶l̶e̶d̶g̶e̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ so he would just be reanimating their bodies, which are just a carcass.

B) It wouldn’t even make sense that a being infused with pure Holy Light be wielding Death magic. Let alone die, keep the Light and use Death Magic.

1 Like

Pure Holy Light from Xe’ra didn’t hurt Illidan so Pure Holy Light wouldn’t hurt a Death Knight.

Shadow is the force that reacts negatively to Light and Fel! Most lesser Naaru have Shadow in them(which is why they can be darkened from being wounded) which probably explains why their Light harms Demons like Illidan while the Pure Light of Xe’ra doesn’t!

The Chronicle mentions Humans getting into contact with Naaru which granted them a connection to the Light.

The Scourge Undead Plague is stated in Classic to be a combination of Demonic/Fel and Necromantic/Death Magics! Of course the Light with impurities of Shadow would harm it’s Undead!

Of course the death would cause enough Light to leave the body that Bolvar can infuse enough Death Magic for the eyes to glow Blue(despite the body retaining it’s Light infused appearance otherwise) and grant them Death Knight abilities. The only taint for the Pure Light would be Death or Fel not Shadow!

Are you comparing Fel to Death Magic?

The Light is agonizingly painful and destructive to the Undead. Turalyon for example used the Light for interrogating Gaz Soulripper, causing him excruciating pain.

This is pure headcannon you’re throwing here, nowhere it’s stated that the Light is different coming from Xe’ra, the Light is the Light and that’s that.

Source. The only thing that I’ve heard of it being similar is when Jaina and Arthas speculated the Plague had demonic taint because of the similarities between it and what happened in Draenor/The Blasted Lands.

The…uh, what?

Sigh, where’s Grandblade when you need him most. I am done here lol.

A paladin that achieved the rank of Highlord isn’t knowledgeable about the Light?

4 Likes

Stupid a$$ me forgot about that.

But can he still command the Light to the extent of making it intertwine with its antithesis? Or command the Light at all?

If Arthas can raise worgen death knights, and we see undead use the light, I don’t see why it’s impossible to raise light forged.

1 Like

Another aspect of the difference between LF draenei and our draenei is they are entirely different political factions. Both are the same race, though the LF are obviously augmented, and both share a history of existing on, then fleeing, Argus. There path diverges there, and I’d love to see velen draenei and LF draenei interacting about that.
Could cause some friction/character that the race needs as a whole. LF could definitely have some issue with the near pacifism of their cousins, especially velen.

We saw a bit of this in WoD with the Sargerei, still entirely draenei, but a different political faction of the race.

1 Like

He might beg to disagree. Then again for all we know, Illidan may have been in constant pain throughout his entire existence.

Because Bolvar isn’t Arthas. As Sylvannas reminded us, at best he’s a Lich King knock off.

1 Like

Because by logic, the only way that a LF Draenei could be raised as a DK would be to remove their light forging first. a LFD DK that still retains it’s light forged nature breaks the essential theme of the race.

1 Like

How is Bolvar a Lich King knock off? Bolvar doesn’t have frostmourne and is not an unwitting agent for the Burning Crusade like Arthas was.

If anything, Bolvar is not playing an active role in Azeroth events (aside from Legion DK campaign) doesn’t make him a “knock off” as Bolvar doesn’t have a reason to raise more DKs until now.

Not having Frostmourne is among the reasons that he really was not equal to what Arthas had become. Without all the items, you don’t get the set bonus.

3 Likes