What's New Popup

I first asked this question on the battle.net forums, but got no reply.
For a couple of weeks (about) every time I open the battle.net launcher to play WoW, it also opens a popup window telling me what’s new in some game called call of duty (i think that’s it). How do I disable this? Do we have to go back to launching wow directly from now on?

4 Likes

You don’t, AFAIK. It’s advertising for another game and apparently Activision-Blizzard really wants you to know about their latest product.

I suppose you can continue bypassing the launcher if Battle.net features don’t matter to you as much as avoiding an advertisement.

Hey Saturn,

This pop-up should dismiss if you hit the X in the top right of the advertisement, and it shouldn’t come back (it’s only supposed to pop once). You may need to click on the game tab on the left side of the Battle.net desktop app and then dismiss the pop-up there.

If it keeps coming back then it may not be recognizing that you’ve already dismissed it. Try running the Battle.net desktop app as administrator by right-clicking the icon and hitting “Run as admin”

This absolutely does not work.

I have clicked the X.
When I click on the game tab the popup disappears and I have no way to click the X.
I always “run as admin”.

I am still getting a highly annoying popup for a game that I have never played, and now will never ever even consider because of this nonsense.

2 Likes

Well, that’s broke then. Because you’re only supposed to see that advertisement once.

This is the dedicated bug reporting forum for the Battle.net desktop app, which is the actual product you’re complaining about.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/c/bug-report/9

Pop a bug report post there and their QA will get cracking on it. You can copy/paste your original posting there; that should work OK.

HOLY CRAP me too! I tried to look for another post on the Desktop App bug report page and didn’t find anything.

Please, how do I make them stop these ads? almost 4 days waiting on my ticket.

1 Like

3 years later

You can close your ticket. Support can not help with your question.

You can click on anywhere in the launcher to close the ad now, you do not specifically have to click the x to close it.

1 Like

What an absolute joke it’s all become.