What's harder than high keys?

Maybe you were declined for being a Draenei :thinking:

see:

Here’s me on my 242 outlaw rogue that I benched during Sanctum of Domination and just got back into (no tier, no double lego) listing a key for a +5.

I was going to let it run for a few more minutes and see how high I could get teh list but then I thought ‘heck it, I want to run this dungeon now’

Tell m e which dps you’re inviting and what you’re going to do to the 20 other dps that signed up…

edit: I logged in at 10:12 and this group and waitlist were this full at 10:14pm

I took the first tank that signed up (some gigachad 280 DH)
the first healer that signed up (some 260 or 270 resto)
the monk dps was duo queued with teh healer (250ish)

List your keys and invite whoever you want; whether that’s the highest geared/rated or the appropriate geared, idc. I just wanted to get this done fast late at night.

1 Like

LOL,even getting a group now is hard lol. In a lot of ways that’s good a high level can’t get into a low level mythic dungeon ,back at you guys that reject those that wish to move to a higher level.

Ya people legit think you need 270 ilvl to do a 5 now.
Was dping some keys on my prot warrior and man the amount of declines in lower keys is crazy.
Guess people really wanna get carried in super low keys right now.

Getting into groups and finding solid people to play with is the hardest part about keys. Listing your own makes it slightly better, at least you get in.

Im 279 Warlock and get denied keys, yes even low ones. you know why? Because there are many factors that are in place. DPS are a dime a dozen. When I list a key I have certain things I keep in mind. I have the brez but I need hero/lust. on some weeks I want a monk because of ring of peace. I prefer DK/Pally tanks. I prefer Holy priest or shammy heals most of the time. But the real factor is as soon as I list a key I have 10/15 applicants for dps. You have to pick and choose. I’m gonna look at ilvl but im also gonna look at what your last season score or or main’s score is. No one wants to fail a key. It’s doesn’t mean you cant do it, Its just people have specific ideas of the group comp they want. I tend to run with the same people most of the time. This helps us get into discord and work out strat. There are many discord groups specifically for key runners. I suggest looking for one.

Low keys are difficult because the people doing them don’t stop anything.

Healing a +18 can be much easier than a +7

2 Likes

I hate doing 9s vs 10s just in general, for example.

Often that 10 affix makes things easier over the course of the dungeon. I also find that more people have that “I am better than you” sorta mentality in the easier keys and just cause drama in the group.

If I am doing anything below a 15, I just want to turn my brain off and get it done. Dont make me read your drama.

If only there was some way where you could make a group and guarantee yourself a spot. Curse this system for not allowing these people who complain about this daily on the forums to make a group themselves!~

3 Likes

No they don’t. But when you get 10+ DPS applying for three slots, most people are going to take the best three applicants.

I queue as a tank…
Litterally typed that right there.

I’d add that the Tanks I run with are usually the one to post the Key when we need a body or two and they never really look at iLevel. They only look at score and completion numbers. There’s still the chance you get someone who paid their way to a score but iLevel is almost meaningless to judge an app.

If you have lower keys run your own group. Seriously.

Over geared people pug into other peoples low keys all the time to farm valor. Because they don’t want to drop their own keys down low. So if you have a low key, that generally gives you the advantage where you can form your own group and get very well geared people singing up.

If you’re trying to pug into a low key, then you are competing with the over geared people. And now you’re at a disadvantage.

get a key, push it.

You’re not entitled to be invited to anyone’s group just because you clicked signup

I consider it insulting not to decline somebody. If you queue to my key and I don’t plan on taking you, I’ll do the nice thing and decline you so it’s not filling up your queue slot.

I usually only let people rot in the queue if they’re my last resort or they’re 240 applying to a 20 key or something.

I think you’re taking it too personal. When I play DPS I spam every key in the range I’m looking for because… that’s just how you get groups. The faster I get declined from a group that won’t take me the better, you only have so many queue slots.

1 Like