What's going to happen with Calia?

This is a negative, Voss’ father was a priest with the Scarlet Crusade, who more less raised her to be his religious assassin.

As for the concept of Taelia being Calia and Bolvar’s daughter I think there are a few timeline inconsistencies that would make it unlikely. Such as I think it was implied Calia was playing house until Southshore’s destruction

Let alone when Bolvar was important enough to be appointed acting regent of Stormwind and care for the heir when Varian was missing, I doubt Calia would have had problems openly marrying him. Not to mention why Bolvar would hide that from the Lorderon refugees that they still had an heir even if he thought Calia was dead.

As for the thread this is hard to say, though it does seem like they had her come back and become a light undead for a reason.

That reason being leading the Forsaken however seems unlikely when the current civil leadership who supported her all died, and the survivors were the ones bringing back the message the living humans will never accept us.

1 Like

Would be intriguing to find out that the Lowborne husband that died actually wasn’t in Lordaeron during the fall but died later nonetheless & the daughter lost …
Then found later that the husband was Edwin Vancleef, and as for the daughter … well.

1 Like

It was clearly mentioned in the novel that there were many more Forsaken not part of the council who wanted the chance to reunite with living family, but they told them no and restricted the meeting to council only (good thing for those other Forsaken…). Now just because they wanted to be reunited with their living family doesn’t mean they’d want or support Calia as their leader, but the Forsaken Sylvanas had her dark ranger flunkies murder weren’t the only ones who didn’t hate the living, so the door would be open for a splinter faction, especially if one of the council members who did survive the gathering (the ones who came back rejected by their family before things went to heck) told others back at Undercity about Sylvanas murdering all the others…even the ones who weren’t trying to defect and were in fact attempting to obey the queen’s order to return. After all, just because some of the survivors might be bitter at being rejected by their living family doesn’t mean they’d be okay with seeing the rest of the council murdered in front of them.

1 Like

Thing is the propaganda war is squarely in Slyvanas’ court, the ones saying humans won’t accept us are the ones returning home with a message and then the King of Stormwind attacked their home. While justified the foreign army attacking their home is still that a foreign army attacking their home.

Honestly, when thinking about this topic … the thing I’m worried about the most is that if Calia does end up leading her own little Undead AR; the chances of a Mostly Red Kalimdor and a Mostly Blue EK is more likely (not guaranteed, but more likely. These chances improve further depending on the Undead NEs, and what Blizz actually decides to do with them).

The reason for this being, if Blizz intends to make that Forsaken Faction Split, then its likely going to go down a line of identity (one of those that would prefer to reclaim their identities as citizens of Lodaerons, and those that have thoroughly adopted their Forsaken identities). Which leads me to believe that any Alliance Based Undead AR would end up in Tirisfal Glades … thus pushing the Horde Forsaken out of the region pretty concisely.

1 Like

Maybe.

I didn’t jump at the chance to roll a Nightborne elf once they became available because I didn’t wish to join the Horde - Sorry, Ion - and I don’t know that Blood Elves swapped to Void Elves in any appreciable numbers either.

An Alliance side Undead Allied Race would probably be most appealing to existing Alliance players rather than prompting significant numbers of Forsaken to come kneel at our Glorious Lion’s feet. Especially if you consider the reactions of Forsaken players in the Story Forum to the notion of Calia Menethil being their leader.

2 Likes

Which would lead to questions on what form the Forsaken’s new home will take… Let’s hope they build a proper Forsaken style Town combining all the greatness of the Sepulcher with the equal greatness of Brill in Orgrimmar or wherever they set up their primary home.

2 Likes

Well, Naxrammas is still just sort of floating around in Dragonblight last I checked; and it certainly has enough space to be a reasonable new capital. If they wanted some breathing space, they could even take up residence in Desolace/Stonetalon (it would mean however importing corpses from probably Northrend, but both those regions do have previously unexploited coastlines).

3 Likes

Game is kind of predicated on stuff like that not working out… gotta get the “War” in Warcraft after all.

People do volunteer to work for the opposite side sometimes. Look at Valeera.

1 Like

It’s more accurate to say that Valeera doesn’t have a side.

2 Likes

She’s on the Wrynn side.

2 Likes

If we are discussing characters who are racially part of one Faction but serve another, there is some recent precedent.

The Horde has the Fogsail Freebooters. Human pirates.

The Maghar speak of Lightbound Orcs. Yrel has AU Garrosh. Whether they chose to serve Yrel or were brainwashed remains uncertain.

Again - When I saw she was returning in Legion, I had hopes for a living Calia joining the Horde has a Human who chose the Forsaken as her people. It would have been sort of a sweet moment, to have a living Calia in Org tending to the Forsaken refugees.

But those hopes were quickly dashed in BtS. Blizz clearly has something else in mind for her.