What's going on with bgs?

Why do I twink. It’s the Only way to advance your toon in the game at the moment till classic.

Let’s say you get 120 and you do the hardest content.

The only time your gear means anything is in PVE raids/dungeons to get more ilvl which only truly works to repeat said process. Oh forgot island expos but can you really lose in them? On top that WQ will replace that gear in a two month time frame.

Your gear scales and lvl scales, professions are worthless.

110 twink can advance his/her toon where gear actually matters beyond the dungeons or raids. If BGs actually worked properly wear you can fight twinks. Now Blizzard is making where twinks cannot do island expos or possibly dungeons in a group due to exp nerf to everyone. Wow

I am just waiting on classic now.

Completely wrong in every aspect.

Congratulations.

Can be, but only if they want to be.

Not saying that’s a bad thing, but of course, that’s you. Some people are brought up to believe in “win win win!” To some, the concept of having fun is lost.

It’s a slippery slope. Too many variables in the mix for this subject.

1 Like

Exactly. Pop a healing potion in a duel in World PVP and you’re a tryhard/too competetive.

Expect to be able to beat people in a 1v1 and you’re casual.

1 Like

*competitive

Away with you, imposter

1 Like

It’s still player VS player. Whether you want it to be or not, it’s still competitive.

1 Like

What is my primery mode?

Lets think clearly here. Would you say the world is filled with very competetive people who do every possible thing to win or those that no matter how the deck is shuffled , prefer to complain?

I assure you no matter how the pvp scene is placed I will always look for ways to win instead of crying for “lets make everything the same”

Be it consumambles , teammates with voice com etc…

1 Like

I can’t believe you knew who I was!

1 Like

And you would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those rotten kids!

iirc from school about 10% are highly competitive, the rest favor cooperation. competitive people tend to be more successful.

1 Like

I think the meaning of that is far too subjective. I could ask a large population and get many different answers.

I’m a very competitive MTG player. I’ve been playing for over 25 years. I own a deck worth $8000. I do not expect random people just trying to enjoy the game to follow in my suit, that’s just asinine. If I want to be competitive with the game, I’ll go play in the proper tournament. If those casual people want to face me in a vintage tournament and expect to beat me, then in that case, they know what they need to do.

If you would have been Suckosaurus, I may have been fooled :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s still one faction competing against the other.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Competing? Perhaps. I’ve seen various views on it and I’ve seen some of the most extreme cases as well. A favorite was a Horde guy who said anyone playing Alliance were scumbags, etc, forgetting that they’re humans playing a video game.

P.S. Is that your OG?

But you can’t deny that pvp is competitive, whether you’re hardcore or casual. Just because people have different views on it doesn’t change that fact. And yes, this is my original :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

PVP can be. To a hardcore person, they’ll have a more broad scope on what they feel competitive means. A more casual person will not see it the same. That doesn’t mean anybody is necessarily wrong. As I said, it’s a slippery slope.

I played PVP in Destiny. I can hop into a crucible match anytime for some casual PVP. When I want competitive, I’ll do Trials. Yes, I know, different game but PVP doesn’t always have to be as serious as some take it.

I know and understand you have different views and I can respect that. This is one of those topics where it’s not about changing someone’s mind rather than get your feelings heard.

What made you switch factions? Just trying something different?

But it does because there will always be competitive people in it. You may disagree with that, but hey, it’s the truth. And I switched because it was just that time. Got my Dwarf to 385, Human to 387, now time to show this some love.

I do agree there will always be competitive people in the mix. That bolds true even in my years of MTG. People sit around and play a casual game and there is usually always some guy who sits down and wants to just quickly try and beat everyone. Games like that, I’m just there to have fun.

No, I mean if that’s your OG, what made you want to switch to Alliance?

Ohhh queue times, that’s pretty much it.

Gotcha. Did it feel weird to you at first? I know it did me…

It’s competition at a certain level, but it’s competitive nonetheless.

Taking Greyhides example, I’m a hobbyist BJJ. I go 2-3 days a week and try not to get strangled. I’m still competing, albeit everyday isn’t ADCC or Worlds, but among my teammates I am doing the best I can.

People don’t have to compete in tournaments to become the best, but they do it to test themselves to see how good they can be against other people whom they see as a challenge when local talent isn’t there or if someone across the pond is making waves of their own.

The same can be said in anything else, cars, chess, ice sculpting. You don’t have to do tournaments, ranked play, whatever to be good, it’s all competing. The difference is how much and how far do you want to take it.

When it comes to WoW, Alliance V Horde, merc or not, we’re still competing. I don’t think anyone really cares what faction is what (some do I’m sure), they just want to come out on top.