What's going on with bgs?

So even when the answer is obvious and true, it’s still wrong. Gotcha.

It really boils down to wanting an easier game. Many who oppose well-geared players claim it is because they want even competition but it stems from everyone should have a trophy mentality.

I am more of the “Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!” mindset

Hell, in non-game scenarios life isn’t fair and those willing to go the extra mile get rewarded.

But, I understand those that oppose it feel they are in the right wanting everything homogenized to avoid this seemingly destruction of their egos in a safe place. Afterall it is only a game so everything has to be just fun and fair where no one should have a clear advantage right…

PvP was never intended to be a safe space, and it never should be.

When I read the description on Saltwater Potions, I have to ask: where did the guy that wrote that go?

4 Likes

League of Legends. :laughing:

1 Like

“Distilled from the tears of combatants who couldn’t measure up.”

Clearly, this needs to be rewritten for the anti-twink pro homogenization crew

Saltwater Potion
Item Level 1

Use: Increase all damage done by 30% for 12 sec. Only usable in battlegrounds. (1 Min Cooldown)
“Distilled from the tears of combatants who couldn’t measure up.”

3 Likes

:thinking:

Oh, i get now from where this come from. This is not a surprise.

I actually dont mind low levels twinks because its still very possible to stand up to a twink in the 20-29 bracket and hold your own.

My issues comes in once you get higher level. I can count on both hands and both feeet how many times I have seen someone at 110 in full mythic antorus gear, 40-50 HoA and using the best possible azerite gear they can get their hands om and just absolutely wrecking people that are still leveling.

Thats when I start having an issues with twinks because at that point, you have zero hope of standing up to them. Even with your entire team backing you up.

1 Like

Pat yourself on the back if you can spot the irony in a twink saying this.

4 Likes

What about the sense of conquest, fun, satisfaction or self-improvement that comes with OBTAINING this advantage?

I haven’t seen this movie, but I’d imagine that both of the combatants you’re referring to have PREPARED for this battle. What if Achilles were a 250lb muscular monster while Hector was 150lb couch potato? What if the opposite were true? How would these scenarios work out?

Or more relevant yet - what if they were BOTH scrawny couch potatoes? I doubt there would be any “glory”.

I didn’t see this. I like you cherrypicked one example out of 5 and chose that as your sole reason.

While we’re at it, the only people who advocate for separation are bad at PVP. Thats one reason out of the very many, but thats the one I choose.

2 Likes

Nobody has twice your health below the 111-119 bracket. But, why do you aim to gear at 120? We have scaling in place so you don’t need gear to be competitive yo.

V/R,
Someone who has leveled via PvP: 20-120, 87-120, 1-71 and 1-63 over the last 3 months.

I don’t think its really possible anymore outside of 110+ outside of tanks that stack stamina gems. Nobody stacks stamina anymore, and it certainly wouldn’t be worth it.

If you’re going to make a twink thread you need to put twink in the title so I don’t keep clicking on it.

4 Likes

This is not accurate.

Oh really?

Former 110 twink here, leveling up currently.
At level 113, i have 75k in BGs.
Average levelers have about 40k

Game on.

Never understood it myself, its like getting a 100% grade on a test you already completed before or something, its like… cool ?

there are one or two tanks that have like 10k hp and are level 50 or 60 lol, crazy stuff lol.
some people go to crazy lengths just to troll noobs.
I don’t do it personally but I find it amusing when a level 60 has 20 different gem slots because each gear has 2 or 3 holes.

Um, so why are you horde? If you want a sense of satisfaction, try winning Alliance BGs.

1 Like

I’m going to answer the question in the thread title.

People still do bgs. Most often the team with the most twinks wins.

Not at 120. That belongs to the horde.