Whats going on with Battlenet

yo, cannot log into WOW servers or any other online game via battlenet for the past 2 hours. whats going on? do i need to do anything particular to get this up and running again…

and for edit sake, everything else is working like a charm…steam, other online games just exclusively battle net games are all down for me keeps kicking me out when attempting to log in

2 Likes

Can you detail exactly what is going on?

yeah was in the middle of playing WoW then got kicked out. battle net and friends all up and running but when i launch any of these games it just stays struck on “logging in to game” after retrieving realm list. then hopped onto HOTS and cant get past authentication. reset router / modem, attempted to launch bnet in administrator mode, etc… no anti virus on my end conflicting turned them off and on. so… yeah

Hmm. Sounds like a routing hiccup somewhere. I’d just try again later.

1 Like

interestingly enough, asia and eu servers working but still not americas.

That would most likely indicate a routing issue as Amaelalin mentioned. I had no issue logging in to HoTS America. WoW is launching fine for me.

And the same with me.

If you have spectrum, they have been experience quite a bit of hiccups the last few days, atleast for me. Yesterday it was every few hours. today every few minutes where its been dcing.

alright well whatever is going on, it’s still affecting my ability to play on any battle net online game via Americas realm region. i have googled and this has happened on multiple occasions to others over the years. any chance it will sort itself out on its own? it feels like Blizzard needs to do something behind the scenes relation with my accoun t.

I’ve done the DNS flush option according to the research i’ve found from months ago, turned off my router over night just turned it back on nothing is working… hmm… no idea where to move forward but wait for an official reply i guess.

Hey there Exilecute,

We’re not aware of any issues with your ISP currently or our servers. That said, there is a known issue with authenticators right now that prevents players with authenticators from logging in with the WoW.exe file. If you’re launching from the .exe, try using the battle.net application and see if that helps.

Other than that, most issues of this nature will be sorted out automatically by an Internet Service Provider, but it can take some time. If we do some tests we can try to find out why you’re having this issue and help you report it to the ISP or see if it’s something we need to dig into on our end.

If you’re still having this problem, please create a WinMTR test to the server group you normally connect to. The IPs for this are in the article. Once you’ve caught the problem red handed with the test running, run the test for about 5 more minutes. Then, export it and copy the text and post it into your next reply. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                           cloudmesh.net -    1 |  201 |  200 |    1 |    2 |   18 |    1 |

|                            100.97.128.1 -    0 |  205 |  205 |    6 |   10 |   45 |    8 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   41 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                           180.150.0.235 -    0 |  205 |  205 |    5 |    7 |   21 |    7 |

|be10-3999.core1.nextdc-s1.syd.aussiebb.net -    0 |  205 |  205 |    6 |    8 |   22 |    8 |

|    be3.core5.nextdc-s1.syd.aussiebb.net -    1 |  201 |  200 |    7 |    8 |   22 |   12 |

|           be2.core1.gs.syd.aussiebb.net -    1 |  201 |  200 |    6 |    8 |   20 |    9 |

|  be1.core1.equinix-sy3.syd.aussiebb.net -    0 |  205 |  205 |    7 |    8 |   22 |    8 |

|Bundle-Ether49.ken-edge903.sydney.telstra.net -    0 |  205 |  205 |    7 |    9 |   24 |   10 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |   41 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Extracted, ran this, then got the IP for HOTS Australia-Americas, hit start, launche the game was stuck on ‘Connecting…’ to an eventful ‘timed out login error’ pop up few minutes later so I stopped and posted whatever it caught here.

looks like a routing issue with telestra. Blizzard does not control them. You will need to contact telestra

after resetting my modem for another hour with the computer shut down, i can confirm logging in with success once again.

2 Likes

I am having a similar issue - once I use the battlenet launcher - I get to the character selection screen - and once i choose a character - i get stuck on the launch page - windowed you can see (not responding) on the top bar and that little blue wheel spinning where the mouse is. only 1x last night did I actually get onto the game but could barely move around so I gave up. This has been happening since last update. i have restarted my modem and even run game repair 2x.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.