Whats going on at blizzard?

Plunderstorm doesn’t have any real encounters, any real new art assets, and is essentially just feeding abilities into a vehicle format for you to mess with.

It definitely isn’t equal to the dev resources that go into making actual content for WoW.

Also, as godawful as Plunderstorm is, please realize that this is 10.x.6.

Point 6.

This is not a major content patch.
This is not a minor content patch.

It’s some weird fractional patch. It was never going to be anything notable.

10 Likes

My theory is that they made some big adjustments mid-way through Dragonflight (Metzen stepping in and others leaving the company). These adjustments for the future of WoW took priority, and so rather than expending effort with the current game, they would rather emphasize the future.

In a nutshell, I sense they are saying “snack on this appetizer to tide you over while we prepare the big entree”.

6 Likes

Except you know, the rewards.

And yet they had to code an entire new game from scratch.

You’re right. It 100% used more dev resources than a raid tier.

10 Likes

I’d rather have Plunderstorm then a new raid PvE in WoW is boring.

4 Likes

Remember how the blood elves that lost all their mana looked and how they behaved? Their insane energy, and all that? That. At Blizzard. Manahead Elves.

2 Likes

Who has the right spin on this? Let’s go to the tape!

From the blue post in the Community Council thread for feedback:

So Maizou gets the win because it was not just a little intern project per Blizzard themselves: “tremendous amount of effort.”

/moo :cow:

22 Likes

And what’s the deal with Ovaltine?

1 Like

you say it should’ve been another season, i say it should’ve been another major patch/season/invasion event or something. maybe something to tease the next expansion, i dunno. anything other than ‘world of battle royale’.

i don’t do m+, so another season would’nt effect me, but it would’ve atleast kept some players happy, which means there’d be more folks for me to chat with in trade-chat.

1 Like

Blizzard already finished Dragonflight’s story with Amirdrassil in 10.2, so there is no “lost season”.

1 Like

Blizzard chose as their new CEO a person from their E-Sports division… this thing… that has shown up is not at all a surprise when one considers who is now in charge of the company.

Just hope they don’t try to do this same nightmare to the rest of the game.

14 Likes

They’ve repeatedly said the lions share of the work is building the raid itself and the models and encounters.

Plunderstorm has none of that. It reuses all existing art assets.

2 Likes

They are doing another mythic+/pvp season soon, and 10.2.7 has more story content and whatever “time runner Pandamonium” is (probably some boring as sin world event).

Why did we need another thread on this?

4 Likes

Because we’re angry and disappointed and the big secret reveal turned out to be a big secret stinker. Fartnite.

20 Likes

They were as or more bored as I was/am right now? :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

ITT: People who don’t understand software development at all thinking reusing 99% of the assets + recording new voice lines, and stripping abilities down to a generic handful and limiting the playable area to one instanced-off map is “coding an entire new game from scratch.”

That’s like throwing a bag of popcorn in the microwave and claiming it took you four years at a culinary school then selecting all the raw ingredients, preparing them, then spending hours slaving over a hot stove for that popcorn.

And yet, there is a blue post which say s:

That would sort of tend to indicate that it was closer to a multi-course meal than a bag of popcorn, to carry on with your analogy.

9 Likes

There’s literally a new season launching in a few weeks.

Season 4 starts in a few weeks time.

Does anybody still believe a word Blizzard says?

3 Likes

Nothing, they are all at GDC screaming into the air.

3 Likes