Whats going on at blizzard?

They are doing another mythic+/pvp season soon, and 10.2.7 has more story content and whatever “time runner Pandamonium” is (probably some boring as sin world event).

Why did we need another thread on this?

4 Likes

Because we’re angry and disappointed and the big secret reveal turned out to be a big secret stinker. Fartnite.

20 Likes

They were as or more bored as I was/am right now? :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

ITT: People who don’t understand software development at all thinking reusing 99% of the assets + recording new voice lines, and stripping abilities down to a generic handful and limiting the playable area to one instanced-off map is “coding an entire new game from scratch.”

That’s like throwing a bag of popcorn in the microwave and claiming it took you four years at a culinary school then selecting all the raw ingredients, preparing them, then spending hours slaving over a hot stove for that popcorn.

And yet, there is a blue post which say s:

That would sort of tend to indicate that it was closer to a multi-course meal than a bag of popcorn, to carry on with your analogy.

9 Likes

There’s literally a new season launching in a few weeks.

Season 4 starts in a few weeks time.

Does anybody still believe a word Blizzard says?

3 Likes

Nothing, they are all at GDC screaming into the air.

3 Likes

A. This is only half of a comparison. This says nothing about the relative effort a raid takes to develop, plus accompanying tier sets and quest lines since the playerbase would complain if they didn’t get those.
B. Since Plunderstorm is a new format and separate from retail it is an ideal project to bring new people in on. In contrast, creating a new raid would require the team that is currently working on TWW raids. It would also require additional effort to ensure that the new raid doesn’t conflict with current or future TWW development.

I feel bad for the people who think Plunderstorm is good…

17 Likes

Not an expert but this wasn’t like making a hearthstone event.

There was a bunch of resources from the engineering side of things, rejigging it all so you have a clean slate, make this function as those vehicle world quests with a new UI also.

Not to mention their effort in advertising the thing. I have a feeling they put quite a bit into this.

That’s all supposition. You have no idea (unless you work for Blizzard) how many people are working in what teams doing what work. I get a tad annoyed when people - without any reliance on factual evidence - sa y something is something. You can say it might be, or it possible is, or they could, or whatever. But sa ying

when you have zero idea of what anything would require, is just empty rhetoric.

3 Likes

I hope people realize the guys behind Blunder are laughing their butts off at us. They are drinking our tears.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly; this mode I think took a heck of a lot and was probably done by the spellbreaker dev team since they made that battle royale thing.

1 Like

which failed. I cannot help myself, every time someone mentions that studio, I have to mention they failed at making a good battle royal that kept players attention. Plunderstorm proves that they did NOT learn their lessons from that failed release.

5 Likes

They have lost millions of dollars and subs over the years because of bad choices, like this, which pile up. If Microsoft can realize this and hire real talent, that would be great.

6 Likes

I think two things are clear.

1. Everyone wanted pirates. Why did they take so long to give them to us.
  2. No one wanted pirates. Why did they offer them and confuse our powerful minds.

Clearly the Devs knew both of these things and … did/didn’t … which means they hate us.

Note to the humor challenged, this is satire.

3 Likes

You right.

It’s worth a lot more. :rofl:

2 Likes

This is Game Mode was made by the Devs of Spellbreak. A Failed BR that was shut down and Actiblizz got the dev team and put them on wow. Thats right, we are getting a failed BR as Content in out $15 a month MMO. Instead of moving these Devs on to something else, teaching them the engine and having them making more content…They just reused concept stuff rom Spellbreak and put it in this…Bad bad faith move.

13 Likes