What's boomkin weakness and strength?

Hi all.

Before anything else, I know that Enhancement is really strong and highly likely to get nerfed. This post is directed mainly towards Solo Shuffle. For context, I ended last season at 2,500.

That being said, I struggle immensely against Boomkin. I don’t feel like I can pressure them the way I need to. I know I need to stop important casts, particularly cyclone on the healer. I’m always running Grounding in these matchups, but it’s a 24 second cd at best.

I’d like to learn more about your strengths and weaknesses so I can better understand how I am supposed to play when you’re both on my team and on enemy team.

Boomkin is just too versatile, that’s why they were the spec with the highest player on SS last season. Now we have more dmg and have precog every game.

I play Enhance and Boomkin, my best advice is to focus boomy on almost every match up, besides barkskin there is not much defensives from them besides Bear Form and if they are in bear that means no dmg, use Static Totem to move them to you, burst when they don’t have barkskin, don’t let them grab too many orbs when kiting, be disciplined with your interrumpt, that’s about it.

Difficult question because it depends so much on the matchup. What’s their team, what’s yours? What map? Etc.

Boomy’s main weakness is its survivability. They’re good at avoiding damage but aren’t particularly tanky if forced to actually get hit.

Also never kick starfire. I don’t know how often you ever try if you ever do but it’s a wasted interrupt.

The absolute biggest thing you can do is tell your healer to dispel basically on cd. That is what screws them the most by far.

That’s great to know, thanks.