What's a new race/class combination you want?

And how would you explain it’s emergence in their culture?

Inb4, “because the story is bad” or “lore doesn’t matter”. :hearts:

4 Likes

Dwarf druid, human druid, draenei rogue, panda death knight.

Worgen monk.

Some Gilneans began looking to the pandaren for help in ‘taming the beast within’ and, in doing so, found a different way to keep the balance between man and beast steady. Turning their bodies into living weapons helps to keep the beast sated but meditation and practice helps them maintain their uniquely human spirit.

4 Likes

Given the new allied races and the way the story had progressed?

Human, Dwarven, Sin’dorei and Orc Druids.

Kaldorei and Forsaken Paladins, drawing from Elune and the Van’kyr respectively.

6 Likes

Night Elf warlock

They literally already exist among the shendralar and probably the illidari too! Eldrethalas ran on demon juice for a million years!

9 Likes

Tauren Mages and Rogues. And any other race missing those two. (If not all races, all classes).

Because they’re the two gods damned base rpg classes and they should be available to everyone damnit. They don’t need explanations! Buuuhhh nerds read magic books, rogues cheap shot you and take your lunch money. Grimtotem. Ugh.

1 Like

Also all humans should have the same classes. Yeah I know kul tirans worship squids but I am sure there is enough cultural exchange between them and the rest of light worshipping humanity that a minority might be paladins. And maybe I wanna RP a non fat thornspeaker or tidesage with the normal human model. Or a tidesage uh bit by a worgen

I’d open up class duality with certain classes, where players can choose to combo their classes up similar to the heroes of Warcraft, and similar to D&D class combinations.

For example (and bearing in mind Shadowland’s level squish), leveling a rogue up to 30 then leveling up as a warrior the rest of the way. So the character is level 60, with 50% training as a rogue and 50% training as a warrior. Each new level earned in a respective class yields X# of training points (talent points) in that given class, which can be spent to learn abilities for that class - and in which the abilities are NOT gated by levels but some may cost more training points to learn than others.

This way, I can keep my hunter and learn some priest spells too to actually become a priestess of Elune in-game without thrusting a single exclusive class on the entire population. It also enables others to create their own hero combinations that suit them best.

Edit: For generic purposes, I’m still hoping for night elf paladins eventually.

1 Like

Goblin monks.

Goblins learn how to punch good.

3 Likes

Forsakadins and Elunadins please.

5 Likes

I got into a huge lore discussion about the potential for Forsaken Druids on another site.

Forsaken can act as that bridge between the world of life and the world of the angry dead.

Forsaken understanding the nature of disease and being able to coax it out of the wildlife.

Forsaken druids tending grave groves and keeping company with the spirits there.

I will make it work in this game’s swiss cheese lore and you cannot stop me

4 Likes

Shadowlands may lend credence to this concept, Mistwight. As it currently stands, most beings linked to the Emerald Dream (most if not all druids, for example) may be linked to Ardenweald as well in the afterlife. This might be the reason why the spirits of the dead Wild Gods and other beings such as Ysera can still appear in the Emerald Dream, but cannot necessarily make a new appearance in the living-world. The lore surrounding Rebirth and Ardenweald could also give the Forsaken something to strive toward when they are, at long last, ready to rest as well.

Up until now, I believe the lore has been suggesting that most Forsaken are or were at one point destined for the Maw? Is that the final death that most folks were talking about prior to the announcement of Shadowlands?

2 Likes

void elf spellbreakers :B

1 Like

As far as I am aware - and this is me speaking from a point of taking a year long break before coming back to the game in 8.2 - the Last Death as Forsaken call it never really had an afterlife tied to it.

As far as any Forsaken knew, their soul was destined to either go to a place where there was no light, no dark - no sensation OR they would simply cease to exist, doomed to never walk in any sort of peaceful afterlife. There was also the potential that their souls would end up somewhere tormented, like we saw in the Edge of Night, but no one was ever sure if that was Sylvanas exclusive or what.

It’s sort of why Forsaken were truly anathema to the cycle of life and death - the chain was entirely broken. I would love if Ardenweald or another one of the Covenants reforged that chain and prevented the Forsaken from being cursed in both the mortal plane of Azeroth and in the hereafter.

2 Likes

I like the class duality thing. Lots of work would have to go into it but that’s awesome.

2 Likes

I truly believe your idea for Forsaken’s adopting some manner of druidism could help be that bridge. At the very least, through rejoining that cycle of rebirth, the Forsaken could (in death) shed their unnatural beginnings and one day come back to the world anew, to live the lives they should have, before the Legion’s meddling and the Plague of Undeath.

The only uncomfortable hiccup is whether they could ever hold power over nature, because that link was severed. However, we do know that druids and their powers originate from a blessing more than pure training and scholarship alone. Malfurion himself was only able to become what he is because Cenarius gifted him the Touch of Nature.

Perhaps if something like the Touch of Nature was given to a group of Forsaken, perhaps by an entity of the Shadowlands such as the Winter Queen, such a class could come into being.

2 Likes

If I was a programmer and the lead developer dropped that on my desk as an assignment, I would probably cry. But it’s something I think Blizzard could someday work out in a semi-balanced way.

It would take so much time to build, test, and then debug though. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

But the possibilities. There would be no cookie cutter best way to spec for anything. The diversity would be incredible. The unknown in PvP. It would change the game for sure.

2 Likes

I think so too, but it would be a long way off and even more challenging to perfect. But I must confess, I’d love to be a priest/hunter combo if only to use a bow and some ranged abilities with some healing abilities. Wouldn’t mind having Starshards back too xD

2 Likes

Gnome druids.

There’s always going to be people outside the norm for their society, and for gnomes, being more at home with the wild and nature rather than the mechanical would fit that. So would having the spiritual aptitude for it. I can also imagine gnomes arguing that nature has its own kind of mechanics, and that druidic magic is after all, still magic.

1 Like