What would you like to see?

Everyone has at least one aspect of the lore they’d love to see fleshed out. A story element that makes no sense, a bridge from one moment to another that brings things together, or just a character’s history that you are curious about. What would you like to see expanded on, in either a short story or a novel?

Example:

What was Vol’jin up to during the decade or so he chilled out in Orgrimmar? It’s said he was an advisor to Thrall, what did he advise on?

Share your thoughts, what do you think Blizzard ought to go back and touch up on?

3 Likes

It’s probably a relatively minor thing but I really want to know what Salandria did/will do in the future that nearly got her killed by the Bronzes. It likely ties into the future of the Blood Knights. Just what are they going to get up to…

3 Likes

Whats up in Outland?

Is it a depopulated wasteland with all the Mag’har and Draenei wandering off to Azeroth? Or is it a thriving safe haven, a peaceful nexus between worlds where refugees and outcasts from Azeroth can live away from the war and strife of that world? Has anyone filled the power vacuum left by the fall of the Illidari, the flight of Velen and his Draenei, and, more recently, the departure of Khadgar from Shattrath?

The last peek we saw was the warlock green fire questline & demon hunter order hall, which indicated that the Ashtongue are still occupying the Black Temple with the intent of purifying it. Which has cool implications for the Draenei if some of them are trying to rebuild their old culture on Outland.

6 Likes

I would LOVE to see new quest content in old world zones. They did a great job with the phased revamp of Arathi. Could you imagine a similar version of Stranglethorn as a quest hub, using all the new troll assets? Or Dustwallow Marsh and the rebuilding of Theramore as a quest hub, using the Kul Tiran ones? Anything that gets us back out and wandering the world again is a plus, but touching back on old regions like that would both give them a needed facelift and reconnect various old story elements long left to dust.

6 Likes

I’d love to see more Sunwalker lore fleshed out…but I doubt we’ll get more than that Dezco story.

3 Likes

give us something like SMV for velves? besides telogrus
it’s just so nice and purple-y :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just help us conquer Silvermoon and you can make it as purpley as you like.

ye— NO thank you

3 Likes

I love Outland so much. Maybe it’s because BC is when I was most into the game, but it’s always had a special place in my heart. I’d love to see more of it.

The parts of the Illidan novel where Maiev and her party were traveling across Outland were the best parts of that book. I wanna see what the Kurenai are up to. I want stories in Shattrath. I wanna hear from Nazgrel.

3 Likes

OH!!! KEL’THUZAD! He always said he’d be back, and we never retrieved his phylactery, and last we heard from Blizz he’s hiding out in the Shadowlands! With all the emphasis on death lately, now would be the PERFECT time to bring him back into the mix!!! Honestly, my personal pet theory is that HE is the one who directed the spirits to make Sylvanas the new Warchief. I mean, she’s more Lich King 2.0 than Bolvar is, as the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow is in many ways similar to the Cult of the Damned, sooo… yeah. He’s the only major deathly power we’ve not rightly accounted for. Besides, a phased Shadowland version of old world zones, where things are similar but slightly twisted, would be amazing!!!

8 Likes

Invade Silvermoon City then have the Inns resemble MoonGuard Goldshire ERP with the naked ones being female :wolf: Worgen :panda_face: Pandaren :goat: Draenei or LIghtbound & Void Elf since they’re usually the erp dancers on MoonGuard

aren’t the kaldorei the fiercest nudist mailbox dancers known to azeroth

6 Likes

I’m so glad we finally got to visit Zandalar and have Troll characters and their lore take center stage as opposed to being a tagged on end game dungeon/raid.

So with that itch scratched, I suppose next I’d like to see more Goblin stuff. Gallywix’s (all Goblin related quests reallyu) quests have been solid gold so far and the Motherlode has some of the coolest stuff going on of all the BfA dungeons. I can’t wait until we eventually get back to and really get to explore Kezan. It should be easier to do an expansion there now that half of it’s been blown to smithereens. Significant parts will be uninhabited save for the wildlife that’s reclaimed it. You can make the central plot a mad scramble between various factions to reclaim territory and recover the lost wealth/resources left behind during the Cataclysm. Get some Druid and Shaman action in there by giving them a subplot where they’re trying to help heal the ecological devastation.

I also really want to see them do something with Her Tallest!

And finally, it’d be the perfect time to introduce that new Tinker class. :wink:

3 Likes

Total rework of Inscription to include lots of new spell animations and race/faction specific flavor. Things like loa and anshe based spell graphics for prelates and sunwalkers, for example.

I also miss the old race specific spells like priests used but I know that only complicates class balance.

I’d like to see a return of class based quests like the old rogue lock picking and warrior stance quests.

And a Bard class!

Edit: oh and heritage weapons like totems for tauren. Also, missed the part about this being lore specific :stuck_out_tongue: I’d like to see a conclusion to what happened between the Grimtotem and the rest of the tauren after Cairne’s death. Why did we allow Magatha to escape any form of justice?

7 Likes

Magatha’s heritage armor was of the plot variety :thinking:

1 Like

I have got to say yours is my favorite so far, don’t tell the others! I miss old class quests and would love to see Magatha paid her dues. However I just can’t think of how they’d make bards work in lore. One thing I can’t follow.

4 Likes

I would love to see us track down the rest of Outland’s missing chunks. Orcs, Ogres, Draenei, Saberon and the other sentient races mutated by or struggling to survive on continent-sized chunks of planet left partially fused into the Twisting Nether, a sort of side-expansion that’s happening alongside a main expansion.

Internal disputes amongst the Alliance flaring to life. Show some divisions amongst the races along political, spiritual and social levels. Not immediately setting the capitals on fire, but this unsettling theme that amongst the common people and certain social groups, there’s a big blame-game going on and sense of begrudgement since so many of the people aren’t aware of the cosmic-tier stuff the players and leaders have been exposed to and think their small part in their side’s share of the struggle is the most dangerous and troubling thing there is and why is nobody helping them? It would also be great to see similar ‘common’ NPCs arguing against this kind of thinking, especially ones who have suffered from the conflicts, be it a loss of family, injuries they have suffered or a loss of their homes and lifestyle, to counterbalance it, to prove the Alliance is good by intention, not by nature.

I’d love to see Blizzard going back with phasing across all of Azeroth post-B4A. Cities formerly held by the Horde in the Eastern Kingdom abandoned and/or in ruins, cities formerly held by the Alliance on Kalimdor in similar states with both Silvermoon City and the Exodar, and their surrounding allied territories, allowing flying finally and updated through similar phasing post-B4A to help hammer home these are the very last outposts of Horde and Alliance power on their respective continents, and the strain that is placing on the people, the leaders, their allies and the cities themselves.

4 Likes

The ending.

Might be seen as a snarky answer, but hear me out:
War’s been the name of the game for well over a decade in our lives and well over thirty years in the timeline. There comes a point where the last big kahuna is defeated and the war between factions comes to a close.

I want to see how it would play out. If ever.

2 Likes

While we’re wishlisting things… instanced/phased guild housing. Not player housing mind, but guilds. They could do it similar to the class halls as far as functionality, add in decorations/abilities like a bank and mailboxes and trophies based on various guild achievements, have some quests available there that you work towards completing as a group… all sorts of options that would both scratch that RP itch for roleplayers while also making guilds relevant oocly and encouraging activity.

THEN, if folks really take to it, introduce similar player housing with cosmetic decorations via shop, dungeons, quests etc similar to SWtOR, and yeah. Easy money on their end, busy work for us as we collect decoration sets, win win.

1 Like

It could be done pretty easily though it’d have to be something introduced via a new race or something like the monk class was with Pandaren since it’s something not yet seen portrayed by an existing lore character.

Much of the magic in the Warcraft universe is brought into being or manipulated via spoken word or other vocal means. We’ve got blessings, power words, holy words, shadow words, hexes, curses, shouts, cries, prayers, and even hymns. So magic being channeled via spoken or sung words is already canon.

As for possible lore behind an actual Bard class, they could potentially be something along the lines of disciples to Murmur, the elemental lord of sound. We saw him first when cultists were trying to summon him to Outlands to steal his power. We fought him at only a very small fraction of his actual power. Lore-wise, he’s so powerful that it is said a single whisper from him can destroy worlds and he is one of only two beings in the Warcraft universe with the title “Destroyer of worlds”. Murmur, being the elemental lord of sound, could likely have his power channeled not through words like most magics, but also via music. We’ve seen mobs in game who have spell graphics which are musical notes so it might be possible to go ahead and assume some beings on Azeroth can already heal or harm using music instead of only words. Or maybe Bards could use a combination of both, prayer/hymn-like songs to heal and instrumental music to harm.

Let them wear mail and possibly equip bows/crossbows since currently only one class utilizes that drop slot. And of course, have the mechanics not operate like a D&D Bard (Blizz never copy pastes a direct class from D&D, it’s always a relatively fresh Warcraft take on an old RPG staple). So no support/buff bot Bard. Have them possibly be a mid range class, maybe retain some earlier RPG elements like decent kiting abilities for skillful players. Unique mechanics could be something like melodies or harmonies that overlap and build to crescendos. Songs used in different orders will have different outcomes as later songs will be more powerful due to the building crescendo. So if you’re focused on a heal, use your damage/utility songs early on and healing songs as the end. Or vice versa if you need a punch of high damage at the end.

These are just my brief thoughts on possible entry lore behind a Bard class, but much better could likely be implemented if the class ever appeared in-game.

1 Like