What Would You Have Done After Winning The Second War?

That doesn’t reflect on peacefulness at all. They’re a tribal society that doesn’t have medicine or technology to compensate for the drain the sickly present.

Also mega disengenuous. You are aware that old lore is always trumped by new lore. Website trumps anything a comic made in the Year of Our Lord 2,009 says.

The orcs were at war with slavers and learned to defend themselves from slavers. The race’s proclivity is still, by inarguable Word of God, peace.

Oh. So they didn’t originate with it? Thank you for confirming that I was right all along.

False. He lied. He wasn’t present.

As an addendum, for someone who hides behind Word of God about night elven matriarchy and Elune being a true deity despite never showing any power or ability, nor showing anything other than lying and deceiving the night elves, you are sure trying to make arguing with you easier in the future.

:wink:

1 Like

Sure, because killing babies is totally something a peaceful culture does…

I am surprised you, of all people, don’t put more stock in Orc shaman.

A culture formulated by war is objectively not peaceful.

No one is born into a culture. Culture develops over time. In this case, the culture is formulated by war and conflict.

But everything he has said has been true. Durotan DID fall into a blood fury. Durotan DID kill his own Frostwolf. And He wears it’s pelt as a reminder of that.

Looks at Elune smiting down the Shadow Priest PC in Legion. Looks at Elune showing Tyrande where to find Saurfang and Malfurion. Looks at the Night Warrior

Hmmm…

Putting them out of their misery so that they don’t suffer?

Yes it absolutely is.

Shamans aren’t All-Power. The elements aid, or they do not.

A culture defending itself from slavers is not in and of itself war hungry. The story talks of how the orcs fought the slaver-race. Not the Draenei. Not the orcs.

According to Maraad, the unreliable narrator who was not there and didn’t know Durotan personally.

There are only two living witnesses to those events. Neither spoke to Maraad. The orcs enjoyed 200 years of peace with the Draenei, but they enjoyed it by rarely trading. They didn’t have grand cultural meets ups where they drink together.

Considering the player character either
1: Gets back up
2: Was never canonically killed

Well, I mean. Elune can hurt someone. But clearly not very many people. She doesn’t smite Sylvanas. Saurfang. Any of the Forsaken.

Okay. She knows where people are.

THE AGENT DEFEATED BY NATHANOS BLIGHTCALLER?

:joy:

1 Like

Personally, I would have given them some of their ships (stripped of weaponry of course) and sent them Eastward. Nothing comes back from that part of the ocean, why not try that. And any remaining Orcs that stay, they just get executed.

Granted I’d hope theyd go East

So you agree the Frostowlves should have killed Draka.

But skilled healers, they are.

By means of warfare… Warfare is not peaceful. You cannot be define by warfare and be peaceful. And you are forgetting this part:

A taste for battle isn’t War hungry? They were defending themselves by Provoking the ogres?

You know who did know Durotan personally? Velen (Rise of the Horde), and a number of Draenei. And the story Maraad told is canonically part of Durotan’s backstory, and related to the entire Frostwolf culture. Wowpedia has it part of his biography… not as speculation, but as something that actually happened.

You see it happen. You have to run to your corpse. Spirit Healers are canon you know.

She killed his Val’kyre and sent him running lol.

1 Like

Not to mention that mankind didn’t know about Kalimdor at the time, and the high elves weren’t spilling the beans about an entire continent, lest we go over there and find out there are taller, sexier purple elves.

1 Like

I have no opinion on it other than that peaceful folks have done it IRL because of a lack of medicine and resources.

See, you’re used to night elves who are waited on hand and foot with priests and druids who can blink and cure HIV.

This is not and has never been true for orcs. Drek’thar goes into detail about how the elements aren’t slaves.

Well, you can’t defend yourself from slavers any other way. But they certainly didn’t enact war on innocents when left alone.

Yes. The ogres would attack if they felt the orcs were getting soft.

They had dinner once.

People dying left and right isn’t canon though. It’s a game mechanic.

No. She was being enslaved by the Valkyrie, until Malfurion showed up to bail her out.

But this isn’t IRL. This is a magical place, and people like the Frostwolves (Who live in the most desolate part of Draenor) refuse the practice because they consider it immoral and barbaric.

Elune isn’t a slave either, and does not always help. And we see the Frostwolves manage just fine without drowning infants in a river.

Which is why their culture developed to be war-like… You take everything I say as an attack against orcs, when it isn’t. It’s just a statement of fact.

The Warsong did.

You can’t claim a clan named WARsong is peaceful.

Provoke: stimulate or give rise to (a reaction or emotion, typically a strong or unwelcome one) in someone.

stimulate or incite (someone) to do or feel something, especially by arousing anger in them.

deliberately make (someone) annoyed or angry.

And I am sure Durotan’s Wolf Pelt was good dinner conversation.

But we see Elune smiting the PC happen in game, and we see Xal’atath react to the PC coming back to life. So, it seems to be canon in this instance.

No, she specifically said, leave the Val’kyre to me, and she killed it. This is irrelevant though, because you are just trying to deflect attention away from how wrong about orcs you are.

1 Like

Then what’s your complaint?

No, she’s a deus ex machina who solves most problems by giving Tyrande god-like powers on occasion. I don’t think the nelves have ever suffered disease canonically.

What’s your complaint?

Two fallacies in one sentence. Well done.

A race of slavers. Yes. If they left the race of slavers alone, the race of slavers would return to try to enslave them.

and they tried.

See, here’s where you messed up. You brought up the book. But the book factually does not have them discuss the pelt.

So you’re factually wrong.

Sure. She can hurt people in specific situations. And clearly not in others. She didn’t smite Sylvanas. Or Nathanos. Or Saurfang. Or anyone, but the PC who was in her place of worship.

She has repeatedly shown to be a very weak entity by fact of gameplay and story experience.

Either that or she’s a massive liar and doesn’t actually care about the Night Elves beyond the worship they give her.

But she factually was about to be killed an enslaved until Malfurion showed up?

I’m not wrong though. Word of God is Word of God. And you keep bringing up examples of a peaceful race being harassed, killed, tormented, mutated, and enslaved and saying “LOOK THEY DEFEND THEMSELVES THAT MEANS THEY AREN’T PEACEFUL!”

Basically you’re just lying.

1 Like

The Frostwolves were the exception to this rule. So not only are orcs are not peaceful… but other orcs don’t think they are peaceful.

Well, they did after Nordrassil lost its blessings. That was a big part of their story in pre-cata. And with Teldrassil burned, unless it somehow maintains its blessings, the Nelves might have to face disease again.

Means, your point about the practice of drowning weak babies being a mercy is not true. It was because the wanted strong warriors

Doesn’t make it any less true. The Warsong were not a peaceful clan. They are known for their taste for battle. That is a definitive part of their culture.

Well, good thing the orcs weren’t peaceful then, because then they would be slaves.

You sure about that?

It’s still a part of Durotan’s backstory, objectively. So Maraad is correct in his retelling, regardless.

Can’t or wont? We don’t know her plans or reasoning, or why she is restricted. Not sure why this is relevant.

She is shown to be the most powerful entity that we know of… Enough to literally create stars… That’s something even Titans cannot do.

We can say that about any entity, both in WoW and IRL.

No she isn’t.

Stop deflecting.

I literally cited several “word of god” examples contradicting your point.

Yeah… That kind of where war-like cultures come from. That doesn’t make them any less war-like. People are a product of their environment. If you war violent, there is probably a reason. That doesn’t make you not-violent.

1 Like

Exiling folks is not anathema to peace.

So their druids and priests inatantly cured it, huh?

No it doesn’t.

Strong hunters. Strong farmers. Strong people.

They’re a tribal society who can’t sit in a computer chair for seven hours a day and support their community. You’re so disingenuous that it causes psychic pain.

No, it being not true makes it less true.

Akiyass: I know better than Blizzard.

100%

It’s objectively in his backstory that he did not discuss the story at all.

Lying, factually.

Can’t bif she loves the Night Elves. woin’t if she’s lying to and manipulating the night elves because she’s actually a void entity who feeds on their worship.

very weak.

She was. Then Malfurion arrives and saves her.

You did not. You cited books which state very different things than you’re arguing.

“The orcs will fight to defend themselves.”
“The orcs will exile folks instead of killing them if they’re weak.”

They can, sure.

Objectively, the orcs were a peaceful race until the Eredar arrived and corrupted them.

But killing babies is.

There are quests where we go and collect herbs and such. So, kinda.

Because this is a world of magic, and you can do stuff like that.

Let me guess though, Shaman couldn’t do that Druids could? You saying Nelf Druids are objectively stronger than Orc shaman? Finally something we can agree on =p

Kill babies and have all four!

Durotan killed his own wolf in a blood fury, and wears it as a reminder to not allow his bloodlust to control him. That’s objectively true to the character’s story. Sorry.

I cited my sources. Chronicle Vol. 2 disagrees with you. Thus Blizzard does as well. You have one piece of data… I have stacks of it. I even left out WoD info because I figured you would just say AU=/=MU. So, I still prove you wrong without using all the lore available to me.

Well, Maraad had to hear it somewhere. He didn’t just make it up. Sooooo.

The whole point of Lord’s of War was to give us backstory on the Warlords. So, Maraad is filling the role of a reliable narrator here. His word might as well be Blizzard’s word, because what would be the point of giving us backstories that are completely false?

Just because you love somebody doesn’t mean you do everything for them. There is a natural order of things, a cosmic plan, things that we can’t understand. You could say the same thing to Christians, and maybe you would. I am not sure if you are a religious person or not.

Literally making stars. Now you are just provoking and deflecting.

Chronicle is the Word of God.

Fighting is inherently not peaceful.

The Orcs drown babies in a river.

No, the warred with the Botani, Arrakoa and Ogres, cultivating a war-like culture. Not to mention the Blood Fury is a racial trait of orcs that existed before demonic corruption.

1 Like

Killing babies for the sake of killing babies is anathema to peace. Putting sickly, dying babies out of their misery isn’t.

If disingenuousness were a tradeskill, you could start a business.

Actually I guess it is with politicians.

Druids can command specific herbs to grow, or alter herbs, or bless them. They don’t have to ask for permission.

According to a Draenei who wasn’t there.

I don’t think you know what objectively means.

Not with the renowned Orc Shaman who can magically cure them. The Frostwolves managed rejecting the practice, other tribes would rather have strong warriors.

Druids are stronger than shaman confirmed. Suck it orcs.

Blizzard gave us fake backstories on orc characters? Is that literally your argument? lol

2 Likes

Plot twist: The Alliance isn’t responsible for their actions against the Horde because free will is a myth and destiny was already set in stone and ensured by the Bronze Dragonflight.

Ah ha!

They tried the structure was destroyed but portal was still active. That’s why the Azeroth expeditionary force was formed to stop any threats from another orcish invasion and to gain any allies from Draenor.

The portal only closed when Nerzul opened up hundreds of portals that he ended up blowing up half of Dreanor.

It was Illidan that reopened the portal.

The portal to outland had collapsed at that point. It latter gets re opened in the Warcraft 2 expansion and again in BC.

I would have just killed the lot of em and called it a day.