What Would You Have Done After Winning The Second War?

I assume they did.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t seem like something that should be blamed on any of the kingdoms still in the Alliance today.

While Stormwind voted in favor of the camps they didnā€™t have any resources or manpower to spare from rebuilding their sacked kingdom.

The people who abused, enslaved and mistreated the orcs were largely Lordaeronian. And we all know the kingdom of Lordaeron only exists now as the successor state: the Forsaken.

If any orc has a problem with their treatment in the camps take it up with them.

15 Likes

Then thatā€™s my pick.

Ship em off to Kalimdor. Let the Night Elves deal with the orcs and their bootings and their dollerydoos.

2 Likes

More importantly, they did it again! At Lordaeron!

2 Likes

True, those wacky Lordaeronians canā€™t seem to kick the habit of enslaving orcs, in life or in death.

If you read the novel ā€œBeyond the Dark Portalā€ you will see that the orcs in Draenor werenā€™t waiting for the humans at the feet of the portal with their axes raised ready for battle. They were completely disorganized, until Nerā€™zhul start to organisate them.
Humans they had a lot of time to do what i said.

Not going to lie Iā€™ve never seen this argument. In truth I think the internment camps were better than mass slaughter. The issue I have with the internment camps is that the orcs were left to rot in there.

The smart to do would have been to try and rehabilitate the orcs. However with the orcs lost in their lethargically the Alliance was content to just leave them to wither and rot within the camps.

As a matter of fact the only two members of the Alliance seemed in interesting in curing them were Antonidas of the Kirin Tor and Aedelas Blackmoore.

Re-purpose Alteracā€™s territory as the orcs new home.

If the Alliance recognized the fact that the blood haze was lifted, and the Orcs were not trying to exterminate humans but find themselves a new homeā€¦ I still donā€™t think theyā€™d be forgiven. I do think the Alliance would banish them to somewhere, like southern Kalimdor, or Northrend. Only sparing their lives because they were basically enslaved.

1 Like

I would use their souls to fuel my own personal soulforge.

I would call it a ā€œredemption forgeā€ for a while to ease peopleā€™s minds.

I might use their bodies for necromantic experiments.

If the EK wanted to be humane, they should have done this instead of putting them in camps to breed their misery and hatred of humans. Maybe brings some cartographers, some colonizers, and explorers along for the benefit of the Alliance as well.

They could just dump the orcs there and leave, but they could also take the extra step to rehabilitate the Orcs to eventually become Alliance citizens. Restrict the Orcs not to carry weapons until a threat appears, put war criminals to work building the towns, and have scholars teach the younger generation more peaceful mannerisms. Integrate them into Human culture and have some of the more level headed older Orcs chronicle their peopleā€™s history for future generations to look back and reflect on.

Eventually Orc town wonā€™t need some Human guy looming over them, then they can become Orc city, then to Orc kingdom.Orcs and humans can live in peace and harmony on Kalimdor while racist guys stay back in the EK. Thrall was raised under worse conditions and he turned out alright.

1 Like

Daaaang. Iā€™m not saying I agree with Treng, but I never thought Iā€™d ever see Treng post about wiping Thrallā€™s Horde out before it even had a chance to exist.

Iā€™m a strong proponent of the ā€œkill your enemy to death before they can kill you to deathā€ philosophy.

7 Likes

King Terenas Menethil II of Lordaeron was the one that put the Orcs internment camps and as a result caused Stormguard in leaving the Alliance of Lordaeron because they wanted to execute all the Orcs.

Terenas believed the Orcs if rehabilitated lose their lust for conquest over time.

But I was Terenas I would look for a way to keep the Alliance together. If I want to get Stormguard back in the Alliance I would send the Orcs to a new land where the Orcs can start a new.

Yet there would be immediate problems caused by going this route.

For the transport of the Orcs would probably go to the Kul Tiras whos leader is Daelin Proudmoore who hold a mean streak against the Orcs and could make things worse for the Alliance in the long run.

The Darkspear would likely not be saved because of the Orcs timely arrival and could cause them to die off or by some other circumstances lead them down a different route.

With most of the Orcs gone with time could lead to Stormguard joining back with the Alliance.

As for the new land for the Orcs would be likely Kalimdor, Broken Shore, Northrend, some far off-Island, or something else.

With Kalimdor known by the High Elves of its possible location is also known by the Kingdoms, it would probably be Ideal lands for the Orcs to start a new.

The Broken Shore is also another possibility with Kul Tiras and the Kirin Tor knowing it location but because of its proximity toward Kul Tiras and importance known to the Kirin Tor could make it not ideal location.

Northrend is also possible but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the Orcs got pissed and with the Legion around the areas could lead to a much worse future.

Itā€™s also possible that Daelin throws the Orces into the Maelstrom and probably lying to Terenas about there ā€œsafeā€ landing.

Overall though itā€™s likely the not the best course of action with so many factors in this, I still acknowledge the internment camps bad thing they were, however, one of the lesser evils when came to what to do Orcs after the second war.

1 Like

I donā€™t consider myself a Horde player. That said, I would have done the interment camps. But focusing on rehabilitation, re-education, and hopefully either introducing them into society or forming their own vassal state.

3 Likes

Chain them to boats with the only the barest of necessities and let the wind carry them off to who knows where.

I meanā€¦ that was kind of the plan from what I recall. The Internment Camps werenā€™t meant to be a permanent institution for the Orcs to live out their lives in for the perpetuity of their race. The Internment Camps were designed to safely isolate them from Alliance settlements with the intent to educate and rehabilitate them to a society and culture more compatible with the Allianceā€™s races.

Money was tight. They couldnā€™t afford the text books. Even Antonidas, who wanted to study the Lethargy of the Orcs, couldnā€™t due to a lack of funding.

To answer the question (mind you Iā€™m not a Horde player), I think the leaders of the Alliance, at the time, did the best they could with a no-win situation. I wouldnā€™t have changed a thing, and as a result, nothing would have changed.

I to have to admit to being amused that the Horde accepted the Forsaken, who are the people who ran the Internment Camps, and the Blood Elves, who actually voted for the extermination of the Orcs after the war was over.

4 Likes

Just kill them all and be done with it.

Jeez, well at least we know you actually believe in that whole ā€œvictory or deathā€ thing!

No, I donā€™t think education and rehabilitation was ever really a goal. If you have a source otherwise, Iā€™d be happy to see it (some of WC2 sources can be annoying to peg down). But I think life imprisonment without a long term goal was more the situation. Dalaran wanted to study them, but most nations didnā€™t seem to care. Of course funding was an issue, but I think the goal of helping them beyond that was never strongly put forth.

Point of fact, the Blood Elves are sourced as being more annoyed with thinking the humans didnā€™t help enough in the Second War rather than extermination. Which is rarely referenced if ever.

2 Likes