What will hapen to retail wow?

What will happen is ill keep playing retail WoW BFA.

I don’t know - retail has better gameplay (in terms of rotations and complexity compared to WoW Classsic - though not compared to WoW Cata or WoW MoP) and way more complicated raid and dungeon mechanics.

On the other hand, I’m not convinced players love ridiculous raid/dungeon mechanics and they might be willing to shed class complexity for class flavor and options.

Yo you actually said that classes are complex in BFA.

That’s a huge yikes. This is the most dumbed down classses have ever been.

2 Likes

Well it’s a complicated discussion. As horrendous as BFA is, on most classes there are still more meaningful decisions to make (APM) than Classic, by FAR.

Now, if you’re a class that has to consider downranking spells or you have very specific consumable/gear requirements for a certain tier the infinitely lower APM of Classic might seem more complex.

But certainly in general yes, the gameplay of the modern game is far, far far more complex than WoW Classic, despite Classic’s other RPG virtues.

3 Likes

Maybe in strictly instanced raid content, then I will agree.

But open world or even dungeons? Not a chance.

Here you go, straight from the horse’s mouth.

1 Like

lol where do you come up with this nonsense? Where were those numbers pulled from?

4 Likes

It will continue to be poop, yet still played, even by those like myself who think this loot pinata of a system is garbage. Want an epic, show a turtle how to make a circle!

There will be somewhat of a generational gap between player base for sure, not knocking any sensitive youngins that are reading this, so don’t get triggered, but that is what I see.

Two games in one, can have a change of pace whenever you please. Nothing will change due to Classic, if anything, Blizzard MIGHT learn something.

Not just any epic but a heroic raid ilvl epic that can titanforge into a mythic raid ilvl epic.

This is why I wish they were separate subscriptions. Retail is :poop: in my opinion. I am highly leaning towards not resubbing for classic because I don’t want blizzard to use my sub to count as support for fail retail.

1 Like

This blue says otherwise. You are misinformed.

1 Like

What will happen is that all the nasty people that criticize your personality will leave to Classic, never come back, and I will rule my server in complete and utter peace.

Having played up to lvl 15 on beta classic test servers I am pretty confident in saying although many will try it, few will stick around. Two weeks max for most people trying out classic.

4 Likes

Classic classes are more dumbed down than BFA, when it comes to combat.

Classic classes just have a ton of flavor spells you don’t need.

2 Likes

It went from I will pay extra to play classic !!! to why do I even have to pay a sub!!!

2 Likes

Retail will a dip in numbers as the curious go over to try out Classic. Which will bump up Classic’s numbers so Blizz can yell it was a success. (And probably start the trend for bringing back older versions or cancelled mmo’s when other companies see that nostalgia is good for making money. Which better lead to CoH/CoV coming back.)

But then Classics numbers will dip as the curious come back to Retail because their so used to the QOL changes it has over Classic. While Retail’s numbers will go up because of the curious return and then both go stagnant in numbers as Retail waits for the next exp. and Classic waits the next game patch.

Isn’t that like saying that Cherry Coke is in direct competition with Coke Classic?

2 Likes

retail WoW will be dead for a bit, then it’ll slowly come back once people get used to classic being around. people love classic, but when they see all the sights, and have a few toons under their belts, they’ll be back.

“for a bit” = 2 days?

I think people are way over estimating how many current players in WoW played classic, and are feeling nostalgic.

I feel confident most retail players won’t even create a classic character, much less play one consistently for more than a week or two.

No where near enough to get a few toons under their belts.

Both will do fine folks will join over to classic when it hits, hit max level, complete the raids and come back to check on retail in a matter of time. I myself plan on playing both. I also feel that at the start classic will kick off just fine but overtime folks will slowly return to retail at some point.