What will hapen to retail wow?

Classic won’t have new content.

That’s kind of the whole point of Classic. A stoic, unchanging finite experience.

4 Likes

I meant when a new cycle happens. Classic will have 6 cycles of released content.

1 Like

How will live suffer? In order to be able to play Classic, you must have a live sub to be able to do so.

They will compliment each other, and will be a good swap off for ppl who get tired of one, they can go to the other, and Blizz still gets their $.

1 Like

retail will be as bad as it is now and classic wow wont be as bad.when ther is no content for 12 months like between 8.1.5 and 8.2 you can play classic this is what blizzard wants you to stay subbed.

they dont care which version you play.

1 Like

Uh no, there isn’t. Classic is launching on the last patch and there is only four raids. There is no content cycle. Nothing is coming.

Uh yeah, there is.

1 Like

I’ll be playing both.

Classic effect will hopefully be devs seeing what made it work and Incorporating some of it in current game ie class design and leveling

Far as competitive with each other, I doubt it. Most of the folks I see clamoring for Classic hate BFA and aren’t even subbed. Most BFA players love their flying mounts, portals, group finder etc. and aren’t interested in a game without those QOL convienences. Two entirely different types of players who will rarely cross over

Technically yes, it will be the same, but it will also lose a large amount of its player base.

You’re delusional if you think otherwise. Classic was main the reason why so many got hooked into this game.

Classic isn’t in direct competition with Retail.

If that was the case, they’d never bring it back.

Classic is there to attract people not subbed.

You are delusional if you think retail is going to lose a large amount of its playerbase.

WoW Classic would absolutely fail as a new MMO if it didn’t have the Warcraft IP.

WoW Classic has the most simplified classes, doing the most simplified bosses, with the worst spec balance in WoW’s history.

13 Likes

Nothing will happen to retail because they are not competing. People will pay the same sub fee for both. If anything, Classic will bolster revenue for more develoment of retail, at least for a while.

3 Likes

The powers that be had better produce what the players want and in a way that offers the players the options they want and stop putting in things like ilvl scaling and pathfinder that they don’t much want.

I, and many i’ve spoken with have said we will be playing classic and wait to see if they actually make retail worth spending any money on, and playing.

This is make or break time this time.

1 Like

What will happen is ill keep playing retail WoW BFA.

I don’t know - retail has better gameplay (in terms of rotations and complexity compared to WoW Classsic - though not compared to WoW Cata or WoW MoP) and way more complicated raid and dungeon mechanics.

On the other hand, I’m not convinced players love ridiculous raid/dungeon mechanics and they might be willing to shed class complexity for class flavor and options.

Yo you actually said that classes are complex in BFA.

That’s a huge yikes. This is the most dumbed down classses have ever been.

2 Likes

Well it’s a complicated discussion. As horrendous as BFA is, on most classes there are still more meaningful decisions to make (APM) than Classic, by FAR.

Now, if you’re a class that has to consider downranking spells or you have very specific consumable/gear requirements for a certain tier the infinitely lower APM of Classic might seem more complex.

But certainly in general yes, the gameplay of the modern game is far, far far more complex than WoW Classic, despite Classic’s other RPG virtues.

3 Likes

Maybe in strictly instanced raid content, then I will agree.

But open world or even dungeons? Not a chance.

Here you go, straight from the horse’s mouth.

1 Like

lol where do you come up with this nonsense? Where were those numbers pulled from?

4 Likes

It will continue to be poop, yet still played, even by those like myself who think this loot pinata of a system is garbage. Want an epic, show a turtle how to make a circle!

There will be somewhat of a generational gap between player base for sure, not knocking any sensitive youngins that are reading this, so don’t get triggered, but that is what I see.

Two games in one, can have a change of pace whenever you please. Nothing will change due to Classic, if anything, Blizzard MIGHT learn something.

Not just any epic but a heroic raid ilvl epic that can titanforge into a mythic raid ilvl epic.